Double the 4G!

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure everyone has seen this: http://www.androidcentral.com/better-look-verizon-double-data-lte-promo-plans
So to my understanding, existing customers with 4G LTE devices (much like me and my Bionic, and I'm sure several of you who will read this) can opt to take the promotional 4GB a month for $30? It isn't just people buying new phones after tomorrow?
For those of you who already have Unlimited Data, good for you. For those of us who waited for this phone and didn't already have a smartphone with unlimited data, this might be a really good thing. Maybe now I'll start using my data more than WiFi, I know I've been getting to a maximum of 1.2GB per month because I'm often on WiFi.

Reactions: idahoguy

prizeferret

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I love their stat "95% of customers on 3G and 4G use less than 2 GB per month".

That's kind of like saying "95% of the people (kids and teachers) in a preschool classroom will only need a half a PB&J sandwich and a juice box for lunch...."

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Does this apply to 4G tablets?

I will definitely be taking advantage of this tomorrow to go from 2GB to 4GB :D

I love their stat "95% of customers on 3G and 4G use less than 2 GB per month".

That's kind of like saying "95% of the people (kids and teachers) in a preschool classroom will only need a half a PB&J sandwich and a juice box for lunch...."

That's a good question to ask! I'm not sure, but you can call customer service and they'll probably tell you.
I took advantage of this today, I now have a data cap of 4GB!
And yes, I have scaled back my data usage quite a lot because of the cap. But now 4GB is perfect, I'll probably never hit that cap. I got up to 1.2GB last month.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Verizon said i couldnt upgrade to 4gb unless i open a new line ...wtf?

Just go on-line and select the new 4GB plan. From reading some of the articles out, that is all you have to do. The customer service rep should have been able to do it for you. They must not have been informed.

You do have a 4G phone, correct?

CobbFC09

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
So this will work for Bionic owners? I was reading some articles and they said it was only for new and existing customers who have bough a 4G phone in the last 14 days.

mjwalsh

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
So this will work for Bionic owners? I was reading some articles and they said it was only for new and existing customers who have bough a 4G phone in the last 14 days.

Worked for me and I got the Bionic on launch day. Did it online also.

Awesome deal, gone from 7Gb to 12Gb!

indiane

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Nice!! I just upgraded mine to 4GB. Anybody know how long this will last?

That's what I want to know. From the articles that I've read, it says that when the promotion ends, it you're signed up for it, you'll be "grandfathered" into the deal, meaning if you changed over to the 4G from 2G, you'll continue to receive 4G for $30. On the Verizon site, though, it makes it sound like this is a temporary thing.

CobbFC09

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
That's what I want to know. From the articles that I've read, it says that when the promotion ends, it you're signed up for it, you'll be "grandfathered" into the deal, meaning if you changed over to the 4G from 2G, you'll continue to receive 4G for $30. On the Verizon site, though, it makes it sound like this is a temporary thing.
I read somewhere that it will last as long as you have a 4G phone or something.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Nice!! I just upgraded mine to 4GB. Anybody know how long this will last?

I couldn't do mine online (or I would have, would've taken less time) for some strange reason, so I just called into tech support and a guy did it for me. As long as I have a 4G phone, I will have 4GB of data each month. If you switch to a 3G at any point, you lose it. So just keep your Bionic on the line until you upgrade and upgrade to another 4G device at that time (and well after owning one, why would you ever want to go back to a 3G device?). Seriously, a lot of people who tell me "no one needs 20mbps download speeds" are fools. I NEED 20MBPS. lol. It's almost always iPhone users that say that anyways, and then they claim that "when the iPhone gets 4G it will be better. I don't know how but it will. And it'll be the thinnest device. They'll take what they learned from one year of your Bionic, and the Thunderbolt, etc and make it better." That's a bold statement lol.

Reactions: pchrist11

Latinimagexx

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
It should still work. I just upgraded. Its weid bcuz not all of the verizon staff know the special

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
This is super bad @$$!! I bought the bionic on launch day and I upgraded to 4gb online. It does allow you to be grandfathered in which is nice. 2gb was NOT enough!:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol