droid bionic extended battery

Manofsteel927

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Does the extended battery take a few charges to get optimal use? I have had it off charger for an hour and using web for 15 minutes and I am already down to 80%!!

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Does the extended battery take a few charges to get optimal use? I have had it off charger for an hour and using web for 15 minutes and I am already down to 80%!!

Generally yes, but did you charge it the full 12 hours as they instructioned on the listing? Are you surfing with 4g on as well? That sucks battery in a hurry. Also, something to keep in mind, you purchased a non OEM battery so you can't compare things exactly to most of us running the Motorola extended battery. Give it a few more charge cycles before you really start counting hours, and when you do charge it, try to leave it alone and even turn on airplane mode so that you don't heat up the phone and the battery.

potermac

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes it does. Let it die and then recharge it. But if it says 80% you could have 89%. Unless you are using a 1% battery increment app.

Manofsteel927

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok good definitely was hoping for better battery life. In fact I think this battery is currently worse then my stock Verizon battery.. I charged it for about 9-10 hours so maybe it needs more charges to start working. What is an oem battery?

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I called Verizon customer service yesterday, and ordered an extended battery. They are in stock and on sale for $24.99. Get 'em while they're hot!

spiffman192

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Seidio just released their extended battery...3500 mAh and it includes a new cover. It looks big. I'm sure people will have issues in docks and such, but 3500... I was wondering if anyone had tested those out yet, and if it was a good choice.

The case isn't exactly a looker though. I wonder what the added weight is like.

Check it out

Last edited:

senategh

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Does it take anyone else a little over three hours to fully charge their extended battery (2760 mAh) bought from Verizon? I returned the extended battery and now trying another one, also what's the proper way of charging it? Just letting it get to about 5% and then fully recharging it? Lastly, is there any other apps besides Advanced Task Killer that you guys recommend to help get the most out of the battery? Thanks!

-PS they're still on sale as of 11/26 for $24.99 in store @ Verizon

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Does it take anyone else a little over three hours to fully charge their extended battery (2760 mAh) bought from Verizon? I returned the extended battery and now trying another one, also what's the proper way of charging it? Just letting it get to about 5% and then fully recharging it? Lastly, is there any other apps besides Advanced Task Killer that you guys recommend to help get the most out of the battery? Thanks!

I've had the extended battery since day one...I never let mine go below 15% before I recharge it. The standard dock charges mine the fastest; with the normal plug in an outlet a little longer...but never 3 hours. I would say I average 1-1/2 hours.

senategh

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I've had the extended battery since day one...I never let mine go below 15% before I recharge it. The standard dock charges mine the fastest; with the normal plug in an outlet a little longer...but never 3 hours. I would say I average 1-1/2 hours.

Wow, I wonder if mine is defective or something then? I got the phone in October and everything works just fine with the phone, it just takes 3 hours to charge the phone with this new extended battery so maybe I should try swapping it out for a new Bionic? Thanks for your input!

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

Tasks Killers waste more battery than they preserve. Don't use them.

I've never clocked the charge time, but 3 hours seems excessive. Besides the first 2 charges (where I go to 100 then go all the way down til it shuts off) I don't have any particular charging method. It gets charged some days at 60% when I'm driving home (dock) and some nights at 30% and some nights at 10%. I charge every night. Doesn't effect modern batteries at all, so keep it fully charged to start the day, IMO.

fdisker

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
>> I've never clocked the charge time, but 3 hours seems excessive

The included Moto charger puts out 850 milliampere-hour (mAh). The Bionic extended battery has a capacity of 2760 mAh. Given these numbers we're faced with a simple math problem. Charging the extended battery from a nearly dead state will take .... wait for it .... approximately 3 hours. Using chargers that output greater than 850mAh (like the 1A charger from the Thunderbolt) will charge the battery faster and, of course, the opposite is true if using a charger that outputs less than 850mAh.

I hope this clears up any confusion.

Reactions: viper8315

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
how much thickness does the Verizon extended battery add? i was originally interested in the 3500 mah one but the reviews seem to indicate that it turns the phone into a brick, which is exactly what i don't want. if the VZW battery has a negligible impact on size, i might go out and get it since my phone is not lasting me more than 7-8 hrs with moderate use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance