droid bionic extended battery

jding88

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody know whats going on with the extended battery? It's not listed on the verizon website anymore or anywhere else for that matter. I also called a bunch of local stores and none of them are carrying it right now, they even went as far to tell me that there are none in the local warehouse. Is the extended battery no longer offered?

jding88

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
let me know how that works out. When it comes to batteries i'm usually a little sketchy about buying off brand ones, but for 20 dollars its kinda of hard to argue against it

jjsaw5

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
They probably took it down because it's horrible and no better then the regular battery you get with the phone. I bought it from Verizon when they offered it and honestly the only difference it makes is it takes 3x as long to charge.

anon(7773)

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
I love my extended battery. I can get two days out of it with average use. I love finally being able to use it all day without worrying if I won't have enough battery to get me through the night. I think they just underestimated how many people would buy the extended battery when they offered it for $25 with the phone.

dreams

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I love my extended battery. I can get two days out of it with average use. I love finally being able to use it all day without worrying if I won't have enough battery to get me through the night. I think they just underestimated how many people would buy the extended battery when they offered it for $25 with the phone.

+1. I too can get 2 days if average use. I had purchased 2 extended batteries from Verizon when they offered it for $24.99. I think that was the best deal I've ever received from Verizon! LOL

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Remember to hit the "Thanks" button when someone helps you!

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I love my extended battery, too. I wouldn't make it through half the day on 4G if it wasn't for the ext. batt. Now, I can usually make it home lol

Javiggan69

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I love the extended battery, but I hate that the cover of the battery is always squeaking. My wife has the same problem. I replaced the door once already on both phones.

cjsmoove

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
They probably took it down because it's horrible and no better then the regular battery you get with the phone. I bought it from Verizon when they offered it and honestly the only difference it makes is it takes 3x as long to charge.

Yopu get a bad one....I get 2 days as well with minimal usage...when I go hard core i get 14 hours at least.

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yopu get a bad one....I get 2 days as well with minimal usage...when I go hard core i get 14 hours at least.

Exactly...I find myself using the phone so much more now that the phone & LTE is so fast, but even with my surfing the net, a few phone calls, texting, and emails, I get about 14 solid hours before I have to recharge.

Jbairdjr

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I love the extended battery also. I am a heavy user, and it lasts all day long. Couldn't use one without the extended battery. I just wish there were more cases that fit it.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I agree. The extended battery does make a significant difference. I was able to make through a day on the standard battery, if I didn't really do a lot. Always had to keep an eye on the battery level and, once it got to about 50 percent, it seemed like it dropped like a rock. With the extended, I can easily go all day without even worrying about battery level.

I agree that the case situation is abysmal - black on black. I just got the TPU extended case in smoke and it is nicer and certainly more protective than the Vz shell/holster combo. My problem with cases is that the sound is muffled when I call people. I have had to enlarge the holes around the noise cancelling ports on the back of the phone. Takes a nice case and makes is marginally appealing, but better than no case at all... or the Vz shell.

Phaze

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I went to the Verizon store yesterday and the sales rep mentioned the same extended battery they tried to sell me when I bought the phone for $30 is now $20. But, she has to order it instore. I couldn't do it from Verizon's website. It was the 2760mAh with a door.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX