Phone Won't Factory Reset - HELP!

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I just sold my Bionic on eBay and I can't get it to factory reset.

Everytime I try it gets stuck on the unmounting internal storage. It was just stuck like that for 2 hours! Does anyone know how to help me here? I gotta clean it to ship it. I don't want someone getting all my info. Thanks!

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'll check that out tomorrow. Wish it was easier than having to do that. I'm really curious as to why it won't reset. I traded phones with a guy at Verizon and it reset perfectly in front of my eyes when he gave it to me. It seems really weird...I've tried 5 or 6 times and it constantly gets stuck on the unmounting internal storage part.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I just wanted to say thanks again. Not sure why it was stuck in that loop. Wish I knew that, but at least you gave me a fix, and I appreciate it. I'm glad there are helpful people out there in the forums on these sites. :D

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
You're most welcome. Gotta remember these are mini computers, and sometimes they get screwy for no known reason. Glad you got it taken care of. Sorry though that you decided to sell it, it's a sweet sweet device.

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I could never get the built in factory restore to work. Same issue. I either use custom recovery to wipe data or flash the stock image.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
You're most welcome. Gotta remember these are mini computers, and sometimes they get screwy for no known reason. Glad you got it taken care of. Sorry though that you decided to sell it, it's a sweet sweet device.

Yeah, I liked it, just not as much as my iPhone. I've had a Droid X, Droid 3, Incredible 2, Bionic and an iPhone in the last year or so, so I've had my share of Android phones. I do love them, I'm just a bit OCD and the iPhone works the best for me at this point in time.

Now once ICS comes out, I might think differently. ;)

I am also getting a Kindle Fire to keep me somewhat on Android. If for some reason I don't like it, I'm getting a different Android tablet. I have NO desire to get an iPad.

Thanks again!

wooten30411

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
im having the same issue but when I follow the instructions im not able to open the application on my computer afer downloading id this version still good or is there a new one out ? can someone please help and im new to the fourm:-\

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital