individual contact notifications and ringtones?

akorcovelos

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a BBS2 I liked being able to set separate ringtones for different people, and different notifications for text messages vs emails. Been playing around and searching and I can't seem to figure this out? I'm currently running Zedge, but that doesn't seem to support this either.

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes you can do both. Pull up a contact, then hit menu and options and add custom ringtone. For the email and text tones, do those in the individual apps settings.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Reactions: akorcovelos

ts47

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
LDubs above is correct. Where I used Zedge is in assigning a silent ringtone to a contact. The Bionic does not have that feature. I use Silent_7. It is much closer to silent than the others I located.

Zedge does allow you to install new ringtones or new contact ringtones. They are two different things. You only need to install a ringtone once. After that, it is accessible from the android menu.

Reactions: akorcovelos

aero21

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way to assign a specific notification noise to a specific contact? I get how to do the ringtone, but I want to change the noise it makes when certain people txt me.

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to assign a specific notification noise to a specific contact? I get how to do the ringtone, but I want to change the noise it makes when certain people txt me.

I can't remember if you can do it in the stock text messaging app, but I use GoSMSPro, and it allows me to set individual notification tones and icons for contact. If you decide to use that, go to the settings and under the "advanced" tab, you'll find the "Individual Settings" Very handy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2