Quick question..

5h4un360

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Ehh... not too fast, maybe like a 5 seconds top lag. Can be less but it seems like an eternity

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

BBBay

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Ehh... not too fast, maybe like a 5 seconds top lag. Can be less but it seems like an eternity

Yeup lag is really bad on the shutter. But I've caught some great action shots.

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I agree that the native app is quite slow and that is due to the need of the camera to focus. There are however, alternative camera apps that lessen the time of focus then shutter.

projektorboy

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
If you use autofocus on the stock camera, it can take up to an entire second for it to snap the picture from the time you press the button. The actual picture capture is fast, but the delay from the button is pretty bad.

If you've installed a ROM that uses the AOSP camera, forcing "Infinite" or "Macro" focus will cut that lag in half.

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Taking a picture of a moving object, such as a dog or a baby, is absolutely horrifying. I took over 30 pictures of my 11 month old nephew and all were blurry because the shutter lag is so horrible. I tried taking a pic of my dog the other day.. I counted it...it took 43 seconds for it to snap the picture but of course the dog was moving so that was blurry too. If the object isnt really moving then the camera is great and lag is a few seconds at most..unless it's a moving object then it just can't seem to figure out how to focus.

pel1kan

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Slow, really slow, but I installed zoom camera fx, and love it. Faster, clearer.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Lets put it this way, if you have kids or pets, every picture you take of them with the Bionic they won't be in the picture. the lag is so long that they just walk away while you stand there with a stupid grin waiting for the camera to finish.

Jbairdjr

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I agree the camera is way too slow.
I haven't had great luck with alternative camera apps
Hopefully they fix this in the next update.
This is about the only thing that I don't like about the Bionic.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci