Black Spot with Pressure

A4Y6U9E5H

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I took my bionic out of my pocket today and noticed that when I applied pressure to any part of the screen, a spot would start growing out from the center. This spot flashes and gets bigger depending on the amount of pressure. Is this able to be fixed? If not, would Costco take this back for an exchange?

Simonbarsinistr

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
They should, that's a defective screen. The glass should be thick enough to prevent finger pressure affecting the panel.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
That is actually very much sounding like a crack in your screen. That black spot you describes is exactly what happens to a cracked LCD screen. It may be small or look like a scratch or even like a hair on the screen, but it sounds like a cracked screen.

As for should they take it back.... I would say no. If it is a broken screen it sounds like you would be responsible for that. it could be small enough that you could sneak it past someone live, but if vzw sends you a replacement through the mail and you have said there is no damage, and then they find damage as they take the phone apart, they then could charge you for the phone.

Good luck. It probably was some pressure on your phone that you didn't notice just over stressed the screen.

A4Y6U9E5H

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it's not a crack. Excuse my poor technological vocabulary but the top layer of the screen looks like it's touching the bottom layer.

ucop27

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it's not a crack. Excuse my poor technological vocabulary but the top layer of the screen looks like it's touching the bottom layer.

I had the same issue with my 4 day old bionic and mine was in an otterbox defender since birth and never dropped. I think it was an issue with the digitizer, anyways I took my phone back into verizon and walked out with a new phone, your phone is defective.

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I had that problem with my DX and it turned out to be a bad battery. The battery started expanding which put pressure on the digitizer from the inside. I replaced the battery and never had a problem with it since.