Is insurance worth it?

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
If you have homeowners insurance check with them. Generally speaking, they offer coverage for cheaper than Verizon and with a lower/no deductible.

JStrider

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I dont have it... I tend to be pretty good about taking care of my phones, and getting at least the 2 year contract period out of them, and I always use a case and screen protector for at least the first year or year and a half. its a risk... but I think in my case Its an acceptable one.

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
i currently have it after getting my last phone (DX) stolen with no insurance. it was the first time i'd ever lost my phone / gotten it stolen, so i didn't want to take any chances with the bionic.

i think you can cancel it at any time, so i intend to cancel it after ~13 months (or whenever i'm eligible for an upgrade)

pel1kan

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
These devices are too expensive to not. Although I'm going to look into the homeowners thing. Have dropped this thing two or three times already...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

prizeferret

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Farmers did not offer it through homeowners. I did mine for one year though Worth Ave for $60.

After that, I sincerely doubt it is worth the money, esp when you consider the drop in the value of the phone and that there is a deductible you will need to pay too.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
My homeowner's insurance will also not cover any portable electronics at all, not even with a high deductible.

One piece of advice that I read is to never buy extended warranties for gadgets but always ask their cost, then set aside that money into an envelope/jar/online savings account. If any of your stuff breaks, you have funds then set aside of your own to replace them.

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Assurion sucks! I refuse to give them a single penny of my money ever again.

This... And yeah I don't mind spending 600 on a brand new phone however I could use an old blackberry for a while until I could get a new thunderbolt cheap used or a bionic the same way. A resounding hell no on the insurance.

Sent from my Bolt via Tapatalk.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance