Who should I blame??

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I love listening to Pandora. Today's weather is so nice I decided to walk the dog. I fire up pandora, don my headphones, and head out the door for sunshine, tunes, and a bit of exercise for me and the dog. After the first song finished...silence. I wait. more silence. take the phone of out holster and notice NO DATA connection. Do the Airplane thing. No joy. Frustrated, because this area should have good data coverage, I put the dog's leash handle between my legs so she won't run off, pull the phone out of the shell, take off the cover, yank the SD card and struggle with the SIM card. Finally get that bugger out. So here I am, with upteen TINY items in my hand, hoping I won't lose the SD card or the SIM card. I pop everything back in and keep my fingers crossed that the problem is fixed. (thinking all the while, "why in the HECK do I have to do this, JUST TO LISTEN TO SOME MUSIC????). Not sure if I should lay the blame squarely on Moto, or on Verizon. I've had Verizon service since 2001 and have always had a low signal level inside my home which is in a heavily populated suburban neighborhood--it's not like I live out in the sticks. coverage has not improved one iota in all those years.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Aw... sorry thats annoying (not being flippant, I know it is). Hey are you in a 4G area or 3G only?

I ask because I never really had any data loss issues with my phone until recently...Lately since I started this job I realized how spotty 4G is at my job site, it literally just goes back and forth between 3G and 4G every few minutes, which puts a terrible drain on the battery. So, realizing this was hurting my batt life I opted to switch my phone to CDMA only (3G) while I'm at work. Fine. But I have definitely noticed that while on that setting and that area, I am prone to getting weird data dropping that could require an airplane mode toggle or (still rarely) even a reboot to get 3G up and running again. Yeah its annoying. And its weird because if I've forgotten to switch back to 4G and I head back home, I don't get that issue at home. And the job site has plenty fine 3G coverage, but when I'm there AND have it set to 3G only, I'm definitely seeing some nuisance data drops. You follow?

Just wondering.. maybe we'll see a pattern there...Anyways, hope you got your data back (and didn't lose the dog!!) :)

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Aw... sorry thats annoying (not being flippant, I know it is). Hey are you in a 4G area or 3G only?

I ask because I never really had any data loss issues with my phone until recently...Lately since I started this job I realized how spotty 4G is at my job site, it literally just goes back and forth between 3G and 4G every few minutes, which puts a terrible drain on the battery. So, realizing this was hurting my batt life I opted to switch my phone to CDMA only (3G) while I'm at work. Fine. But I have definitely noticed that while on that setting and that area, I am prone to getting weird data dropping that could require an airplane mode toggle or (still rarely) even a reboot to get 3G up and running again. Yeah its annoying. And its weird because if I've forgotten to switch back to 4G and I head back home, I don't get that issue at home. And the job site has plenty fine 3G coverage, but when I'm there AND have it set to 3G only, I'm definitely seeing some nuisance data drops. You follow?

Just wondering.. maybe we'll see a pattern there...Anyways, hope you got your data back (and didn't lose the dog!!) :)

I'm in a 4G area and sometimes have 4G inside the house, but it jumps between 3 and 4 frequently. I have to resort to wifi to have a solid data connection, yet my wife hardly ever turns on her wifi. Seems my bionic has a tougher time with data connection than hers. I hope that the update fixes a lot of the data issues, like super-slow handoffs from wifi to 4G, to 3G, etc.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm in a 4G area and sometimes have 4G inside the house, but it jumps between 3 and 4 frequently. I have to resort to wifi to have a solid data connection, yet my wife hardly ever turns on her wifi. Seems my bionic has a tougher time with data connection than hers. I hope that the update fixes a lot of the data issues, like super-slow handoffs from wifi to 4G, to 3G, etc.

Yeah I can tell you that handoffs are definitely very quick with the updated radios, my phone switches between 3g, 4g, and wifi almost instantaneously. And while I still experience very few data drops, its only at my job site where I do at all, under those conditions. Weird.

Reactions: 1812dave

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
My opinion on these data droppqges that are going on seems to be a lot to deal with 4g being really in its infancy. I knowit has been around for a while, nut it is a really big upgrade off of 3g, so it might be more of a period of time of adjustment and tweeks. Aflgain, I have no inside tech leak or anything, just my own personal information and my own technical expertise from years of watching stuff like this or things close to it. So, the bugs will work out and in the end this will be something you laugh at when your grandkids are complaining because about 23g not syncing on their 64 core machine because they are in a 22g area some times.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
My opinion on these data droppqges that are going on seems to be a lot to deal with 4g being really in its infancy. I knowit has been around for a while, nut it is a really big upgrade off of 3g, so it might be more of a period of time of adjustment and tweeks. Aflgain, I have no inside tech leak or anything, just my own personal information and my own technical expertise from years of watching stuff like this or things close to it. So, the bugs will work out and in the end this will be something you laugh at when your grandkids are complaining because about 23g not syncing on their 64 core machine because they are in a 22g area some times.

Lol it'll be like Back to the Future.. "You have to use your hands?! That's a kid's game .. "
:)

magnamover

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
My phone has a problem sometimes when I leave a wifi connection. It won't pick up 3g/4g right away so I have to power cycle the phone and then it is fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12