December 7th last day for your $100 Costco refund!

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I just got back from getting my refund. I bought my awesome Costco Bionic package deal (http://forums.androidcentral.com/droid-bionic/113925-awesome-costco-deal.html) on launch day and now the phone is $100 cheaper. I read a few posts saying people were getting the difference refunded. I thought it was worth a try, I went back and forth from the kiosk and customer service a couple times but I got my money.

So if you bought it on launch day, you have three more days to get free money!

Maserati86

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
It is also the last day to exchange the Bionic for the RAZR (assuming you purchased on launch day), which was what I did yesterday :). Was hoping to exchange for the Nexus, but ran out of time and I'll take what I can get.

Last edited:

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I purchased the Bionic on 9/8/11 from Costco. I went there today to see about the credit in price difference ready to do battle at any sign they would not honor it. Well no battle needed. The rep at the kiosk center was more than willing to refund the difference and wrote it up and I went to the members desk and they forked over the money by way of credit on my Amex Card.
I asked when the Nexus phone was due out and she said they will be getting it on 12/8/11. I can actually trade in my Bionic on that day which would be the last day of my 30 day return policy with Costco.
Not sure if I will but hows that for coincidence.

Maserati86

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I purchased the Bionic on 9/8/11 from Costco. I went there today to see about the credit in price difference ready to do battle at any sign they would not honor it. Well no battle needed. The rep at the kiosk center was more than willing to refund the difference and wrote it up and I went to the members desk and they forked over the money by way of credit on my Amex Card.
I asked when the Nexus phone was due out and she said they will be getting it on 12/8/11. I can actually trade in my Bionic on that day which would be the last day of my 30 day return policy with Costco.
Not sure if I will but hows that for coincidence.

Just an FYI, 12/8/11 would actually be the 91st day. I believe some people did have success with changing a phone on the 91st day at Costco, but it's possible you may be denied an exchange. Though if it actually does come out on the 8th (I'll believe it when I see it), I may also try to exchange it again lol.

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Just an FYI, 12/8/11 would actually be the 91st day. I believe some people did have success with changing a phone on the 91st day at Costco, but it's possible you may be denied an exchange. Though if it actually does come out on the 8th (I'll believe it when I see it), I may also try to exchange it again lol.

Not sure how they calculate the days (if they actually count the day you buy it) but I'm not even sure if I would swap out for the Nexus. The Bionic has been great with the exception of the data loss which from what I have read is happening with all 4G phones. I just wish Moto would have released the update already so I can see how it works before the 8th of this month.
On a side note and not sure how true this is but the person at the Verizon Kiosk today told me that ICS is going to fix this issue with the 4G phones.

Tuite

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
They told me that it had to be within the 30 day window to get a refund. I got them to let me return my phone and then purchase back my phone at the cheaper price.

Maserati86

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Aw bummer. The rep at Costco just told my bro that it is only a 30 day period.

Talk to the Costco manager or go to another Costco. It may very well be possible that the price adjustment period is technically only 30 days, but there is nothing against their policy to do what the other guy did and simply "exchange" the phone at the cheaper price.

When I tried to do a price adjustment before on an unrelated item that when down in price a few months later, they couldn't do a price adjustment, but the guy doing my return just said to buy the item again and return it with the old receipt lol.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Talk to the Costco manager or go to another Costco. It may very well be possible that the price adjustment period is technically only 30 days, but there is nothing against their policy to do what the other guy did and simply "exchange" the phone at the cheaper price.

When I tried to do a price adjustment before on an unrelated item that when down in price a few months later, they couldn't do a price adjustment, but the guy doing my return just said to buy the item again and return it with the old receipt lol.

Baloney! The price adjustment is DEFINITELY available for 90 days! One Costco isn't going to have different rules--just clueless employees that need to be dealt with. Read your paperwork, people. It's all spelled out.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The price for the phone at Costco was $149, if you bought it as Add a Line or New Account. The Upgrade price was $199.

That pricing structure at verizon always chaps my butt--cheaper phones for new customers, and no love for long time customers. I understand the logic, but I don't like it.

bcexperts01

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Just got back from Costco and they honored the price adjustment. I bought my Bionic on 9/9 and they stated that I was at 88 days. Adjustment was for change in price less sales tax so it was about $70. I did not have my receipt but went to customer service, they looked it up and printed out a copy of the transaction then I had to take it to a manager for approval. It was worth the effort.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma