Bionic won't recognize that the USB is plugged into PC

Redtro

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I use my Bionic at work for contacts and calender events and like sync'ing my phone with my work computer. I purchased CompanionLink and have used it to sync my information from my computer to my new Bionic but now for some reason my phone doesn't recognize that I have the USB plugged in. I don't get the USB icon at the top of the screen and nothing happens. I took my phone and cable to a different computer and the same thing. The cable may be bad but I suspect that something is up with the phone. Any ideas? Is there a setting somewhere that has been turned off that recognizes when the USB is plugged in?

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
i don't know if this will work for your exact situation but whenever my phones have trouble connecting with my PC what i do is open the motohelper installer from the PC and run the clean, reinstall then update drive option. This wipes the previous drivers and prompts the phone to reinstall once connected to the pc again. Maybe this will prompt your phone to do it again. Also check your settings menu under storage and see what you have selected regarding software install from phone when connected to PC.

jeisurii

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue with my wife's phone. I also have a Bionic and have tried both cables on both PCs, mine works flawlessly on all, but her's will not detect a USB connection except to charge. Plugging the USB cable in shows battery charging but will not prompt for USB mode.

When Windows detects the device the driver install fails saying "Device unplugged"