LTE Outage Confirmed

soccerplayer

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Just found this:

Updated: Verizon Wireless LTE Outage Impacts Service on East Coast | Stop the Cap!

Article reads:

Verizon Wireless has confirmed a major LTE outage is impacting their data customers up and down the east coast as of late last night.

4G service works only intermittently this morning for impacted customers. Many Verizon Wireless 4G phones are also not stepping down to the older 3G network properly during the outage, which means no data service at all, unless you are near a Wi-Fi hotspot.

The largest service area affected is New York City, but the outage is also impacting 4G customers in western New York, Pennsylvania, and northern Virginia.

Verizon has no estimated time when the problem will be repaired.

Updated 3:46pm ET ? Readers report the outages now extend south into South Carolina, west into Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois, and one reader tells us service is out in California. Verizon has acknowledged the problem on their Twitter channel, with no time estimates for repair.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I haven't been getting data most of the data here in Santa Barbara. This is the third (or fourth?) one since I got this phone...wtf is their problem?

jensinger83

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't have LTE in my area, but I lost 3G this afternoon around noon central time. I live in IL. I rebooted several times, did a soft reset (taking the battery out while the phone is still on), took out the SIM card, turned on airplane mode and nothing brought it back. I heard it was just LTE that had the outage so I went to my Verizon store and the rep did everything I did again as procedure, and after she took the SIM out and put it back in, OF COURSE it works! She said sometimes the SIM cards don't have good connect and have to sit in there just right. I felt so "naked" without data service for 7 hrs! LOL

dpi92231

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
All verizon emp at stores are trained liars and a bunch of incomp idiots. I am sure they just got lucky.

I was told sim has nothing to do with data. It only holds your info.

If sim card was not inserted properly then your phone would not have worked.

My data is ok but i been dropping calls left and right.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

jensinger83

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
All verizon emp at stores are trained liars and a bunch of incomp idiots. I am sure they just got lucky.

The SIM is what connects to the network. It has everything to do with data.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Take out your sim card leave it out put battery back in boot up phone try to make a call try surfing the web. With out the sim card your phones as good as a paperweight unless u like wifi. Don't *228 your phone it fries the sim the sim card is basically the heart of your phone