I love this phone, but I HATE the camera...

akorcovelos

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Even with PhotoZOOM I can't get a clear picture out of this thing regardless of settings, everything comes out blurry. It seems like it can't focus on anything, so it just focuses on nothing. :(

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I went to a party last night. ALL of her attempts to capture the occasion were met with failure, due to the Bionic's inability to take a decent flash photo in dim light. People look like zombies, the color is bad, and they are all blurry to varying extents. OTOH, I have taken some pics with my bionic in bright light, and I kid you not, they look fantastic, with excellent color, lack of grain, spot on focus...I compared them to many of the photos I've shot with my Nikon D5100 and am somewhat dismayed to see that several of the shots literally look BETTER than the Nikon's images that haven't been tweaked with Lightroom for optimal sharpness and noise reduction.

akorcovelos

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Im already on 7.893 and it still sucks...cameraZoom improved it a bit, but im not happy at all with its performance. The pics I took with my old Storm2 blow this thing out if the water.

I have gotten a couple decent pics in bright sunlight, but most of my picture taking happens in my shop where a flash is needed, and none of the pics taken with this device turn out clear.

At this point im starting to think its a hardware issue versus a software issue...

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Im already on 7.893 and it still sucks...cameraZoom improved it a bit, but im not happy at all with its performance. The pics I took with my old Storm2 blow this thing out if the water.

I have gotten a couple decent pics in bright sunlight, but most of my picture taking happens in my shop where a flash is needed, and none of the pics taken with this device turn out clear.

At this point im starting to think its a hardware issue versus a software issue...

I agree re the Storm2's camera. it's much better than the Bionic's.

PhoebeAnn

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Camera sucked on Gingerbread and still sucks on ICS. I'll bet only 2% of the pictures I've taken with this thing are in focus. Tried many camera apps, all work the same. I wish someone would write a camera app allowing manual focus -- that would be worth big bucks (maybe even $4.99) to me.

WallaceD

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Hmm. Curious.

I use Camera Zoom FX and I never have a problem. As long as there's enough ambient light, my shots are in focus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis