Help Picking a New Cell Phone

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I am having problems with my Thunderbolt and I am getting Verizon to swap my TB for another phone. My choices are a Samsung Droid Charge and Motorola Droid Bionic.

I would appreciate any comments from you helping me decide which one might be best. Also, if you know about battery life it would be helpful.

Also, I understand that the Bionic just had a major software update a few days ago, how has the upgrade affected the phone?

sealevels

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
What do you absolutely need the phone to do? Are you picky about screens? Do you need a fantastic camera?

The Charge is a little older than the Bionic and is JUST getting Gingerbread...the Bionic will get ICS in the spring/summer of next year. It's (the Charge) going for a good price now that it's the holidays and the Bionic is now $200 with a new 2-year contract.

The Bionic's battery life is nothing to write home about - I use the regular battery and text/play games lightly and maybe check Pulse and it's dead in about 5 hours. I don't know how that stacks up to the TBolt. I don't know about the update - with my luck, my Bionic will be the last to see it. :confused:

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Bionic update should help. Galaxy nexus is what you should get hands down if you can.

Sent from my Bolt via Tapatalk.

Last edited:

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, camera is a non issue. I want a good fast 4G phone with reasonable battery life (I have an extended battery for the TB which I would hope that could get away without buying another one). Price is not an issue since VZ is replacing it.

5 hours of use for a battery does not sound very good to me

sealevels

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
onthewhole, the Nexus is a good idea...if it ever comes out.

Then again, Neil, I use the phone a lot. I'm 23 and I use the phone for much more than calls. Some people with the standard battery get 7,8, or 9 hours off a charge. I must be doing something wrong!

The Bionic is fast. Is it the fastest now? No. The Bionic's camera is not the greatest but it does everything else just fine, IMO.

I have used the Charge on occasion and the screen is nice...but I don't like "upgrading" to phones that are more than 2-3 months old, so I'm biased. They're both reasonably fast phones. Some people prefer the actual buttons to capacative buttons so it's really a matter of preference.