Unable to install OTA Update

hullface

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I'll give you a little background just you you know what I did. My phone was completely stock and not rooted and I upgraded it to the 5.7.893 leak. When the OTA update was released by Verizon, I tried to run the update but kept getting the check for update is not available at this time error. I ran the R3L3As3Droot And 43V3R Root For The Bionic V2.1 to get it back to stock not realizing that the kernel does not roll back. I did this so I would be back on the update path not realizing the consequence of doing so. After doing this I was prompted for the update but it fails every time about half way through. Am I S.O.L. until ICS comes out? I even tried to update back to the 5.7.893 leak and it is failing out.

Thanks

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
U are we are SOL and I doubt ics will help. If we are not on the upgrade path then where screwed
I'll give you a little background just you you know what I did. My phone was completely stock and not rooted and I upgraded it to the 5.7.893 leak. When the OTA update was released by Verizon, I tried to run the update but kept getting the check for update is not available at this time error. I ran the R3L3As3Droot And 43V3R Root For The Bionic V2.1 to get it back to stock not realizing that the kernel does not roll back. I did this so I would be back on the update path not realizing the consequence of doing so. After doing this I was prompted for the update but it fails every time about half way through. Am I S.O.L. until ICS comes out? I even tried to update back to the 5.7.893 leak and it is failing out.

Thanks

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Getting back to OTA upgrade path - RootzWiki

I'm not going to claim ANYTHING about that thread or whether it'll help you. It is at least one possibility to get you back on the upgrade path, but, again, I have not tried it, have no knowledge of whether it works, and really caution that you do some research before doing anything further with your phone. Basically the way I read it is that if you have the upgraded radio/kernel, you could go back to stock, and then flash the file linked to in that thread and it MIGHT put you back on the upgrade path. Again, very dangerous. I highly recommend nandroid being involved any time you consider flashing anything. :) I'm personally keeping 5.7.893 for now. I also have a nandroid of stock before I did anything except root. so if I want to get on the upgrade path again, I could try that and see what happens. The lesson I take away from this is that with a locked bootloader, updating radio/kernel from a leak is dangerous and will take you off the upgrade path instantaneously. Coming from an OG Droid, this is one "awesome" lesson to learn the hard way. :)

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately that will not work once u updated to. 7.893 leak it changed kernal and radio. And currently there is no way to reverse it. Even on the droidX we where able to switch os with ease. But vzw/moto changed the game. I'm tempted to pay the 100$ deductible and get a new phone. That or tomorrow ill buy the nexi and toss this in the drink.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately that will not work once u updated to. 7.893 leak it changed kernal and radio. And currently there is no way to reverse it. Even on the droidX we where able to switch os with ease. But vzw/moto changed the game. I'm tempted to pay the 100$ deductible and get a new phone. That or tomorrow ill buy the nexi and toss this in the drink.

Haha +1 man there's a good chance I'm getting a nex on friday at this point... the temptation is too great. Thankfully I have a full day of work and studying to keep me busy tomorrow, maybe I'll settle down (fat chance)

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Or just say screw it and stick with custom roms from here on out. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy