Accurate 3rd party battery reading????

LucasM1083

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone. First time poster here. I bought a 3rd party 4000 mah extended battery for my bionic. While the battery life itself is very good I cant get an accurate reading on the battery life percentage. It shows at 100% then drains to 5% like the regular battery. only problem is it will stay at 5% for about another day before it dies. Any ideas or suggestions on how to get an accurate reading on this?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
You probably need to calibrate the batery. If you're rooted this is easy, if not search the market and you may be able to find an app that will work without root privileges, but I don't know of any off hand.

LucasM1083

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I'm unrooted atm so that gives me another reason to root this phone. Can't find any other info on how to calibrate it unrooted

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

mamawM

May 17, 2010
Visit site
on the standard battery that came with the bionic, to calibrate the battery, let the battery drain all the way till the phone shuts off. then recharge to 100%. do this several times (2-4) and you will have reclibrated the battery. i'm not sure if it will work on the aftermarket one but it won't hurt to try. no need to root.