READ: This is why your 4G phone drops signal

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
sorry but all that stuff about the network is simply not the whole story (or even accurate). I've owned two bionics. the first one, purchased on launch day NEVER could hang on to a 4G signal for more than minutes at a time. nor could it hang onto 3G. After about 90 days I swapped it for a refurb. I am now on day 10 with not ONE single drop out. It ALWAYS has a 4G signal. never even drops back to 3 g. Data speeds are around 24Mbs. Two Bionics, with two different results on the 4G network.

Furthermore, my wife's bionic also does great at holding a 4G signal.

Oh, and I put the SIM card from my first bionic into my replacement phone.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
didn't you switch phones? didnt u get a nexus?

Yes sir, but still check here, I like to help out and still have a pretty intimate working knowledge of the bionic that qualifies me, lol. Plus just thought this was a good read and people here who have been having drops might like to know that at least PART of the problem has been identified :)

isosunrise

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
My Bionic had perfect 4G data connectivity, no issues at all since I got it at launch. My Charge before that, however had issues, a lot of data drops. My Nexus I currently own has good 4G data connectivity too like the Bionic, except the signal strength does seem weaker, but no data drops like the Charge.

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
This Is Why Your Verizon Galaxy Nexus (Or Other 4G LTE VZW Phone) Is Losing Its Data Connection

Saw this posted somewhere else and just passing it on.. really good read about why and how VZ messed up and all 4G phones are having issues (both with 4g and 3g)...

I saw that earlier, too...not too sure how much stock to put in what a law student has to say. Later on, I found another piece on Anandtech that provides info from a far more established tech site. Pls read this one:

AnandTech - Investigating the Galaxy Nexus LTE Signal Issue

A lot of good stuff there about ALL bands and how different carriers/manufacturers may have been fudging what their bars have been reorting as 'signal strength'.

Comments, 2defmouze? (so that you get off that 666 number!) j/k

Last edited:
Reactions: 2defmouze

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I saw that earlier, too...not too sure how much stock to put in what a law student has to say. Later on, I found another piece on Anandtech that provides info from a far more established tech site. Pls read this one:

AnandTech - Investigating the Galaxy Nexus LTE Signal Issue

A lot of good stuff there about ALL bands and how different carriers/manufacturers may have been fudging what their bars have been reorting as 'signal strength'.

Comments, 2defmouze? (so that you get off that 666 number!) j/k

That one is definitely a good read.. nice find!

Haha didn't realize I was stuck on post #666 that long... thanks for the save :D

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
That one is definitely a good read.

Even the Comments section provides good stuff - the author replies to questions there, unlike a lot of bloggers.

Have also been following everything in the Gnex forum, so I'll be keeping tabs on ya there. Enjoy yer new one!

(No upgrades on our family plan for *months* for me, so maybe I'll end up w/ 4.1 (?) on the Bionic before another new cell comes for me.)

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Even the Comments section provides good stuff - the author replies to questions there, unlike a lot of bloggers.

Have also been following everything in the Gnex forum, so I'll be keeping tabs on ya there. Enjoy yer new one!

(No upgrades on our family plan for *months* for me, so maybe I'll end up w/ 4.1 (?) on the Bionic before another new cell comes for me.)

Word... I actually was going to pay full price but I let the guy in VZ convince me to add a line for $10 a month so I got the upgrade price.. after you figure in taxes, fees, and 2 years of the extra line, you aren't saving much, but its a lot less money out of pocket now so I went for it. Good deal too, the extra line shares minutes so I have almost double the minutes, and they set it up with its own pay-as-you-go text and data plan so it doesn't cost anything extra there and I keep my unlimited data on my gnex :)

Plus in 2 years or so I'll technically have 2 upgrades if I want to ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance