Has anyone returned their Bionic to Motorola for repair? And???

Wayles

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I was sent a refurb from Verizon that had the same data issues that my day 1 phone had so I figured that while I had the refurb "loaner" I'd send my original phone back to Motorola for "repair". I'm curious what people who have returned their phone to Motorola success rate has been. Thanks for your input.

Wayles

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Has anyone returned their Bionic to Motorola for repair? And

So not one single person on this forum has returned their Bionic to Motorola to be repaired? Very interesting.

anon(194966)

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

So not one single person on this forum has returned their Bionic to Motorola to be repaired? Very interesting.

I never heard that as an option. I had a replacement Bionic sent to me... I tried it out for 3 days before I realized there was no change in performance and sent them back the replacement rather than my original one.

I did just get offered a replacement of a RAZR instead of the Bionic... we'll see if that is any better

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

I got mine EXCHANGED through Verizon. Why would we be sending them to Moto for REPAIR???????

Wayles

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site

I had mine exchanged (for a refurb) through Verizon as well - exchanged for another malfunctioning one. Verizon mentioned the alternative option which sounded like a good one since Motorola designed and manufactured the damn thing. I'll find out soon enough...

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

My refurb is awesome. the NEW bionic was CRAP. :) (I spent 3 months with the new one, which couldn't ever hold on to 4G. the refurb holds 4G day and night...)

Wayles

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site

I am VERY disappointed with Motorola. I returned my phone last week to them for repair due to all of the data drops that I have been experiencing. I got an e-mail this morning that it has been shipped back to me. I called to find out what they had done to repair it. To my dismay they did 2 things. First they said they repaired a lose power wire that was effecting my battery charging. This is a problem that I wasn't aware that I had but possibly could have occurred during shipping to them I guess, regardless it didn't do anything towards fixing the problem that I was having. The other thing that they did is update the software to 5.5.893 which I ALREADY HAD! So basically they did nothing to fix my problem. What a waste of time and energy. So at this point I have bought a day one phone that didn't work, waited for the first software update which didn't fix my problem, was sent a refurb by Verizon which didn't fix my problem and now have sent the phone to Motorola for repair which also didn't do anything to fix my problem. I guess my only choice now is to insist on a different phone all together which I hate to do since I have a spare battery and a case that I have purchased as well.

What a bummer...
:'(

jasonb225

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

The device losing 4g data is an issue that was addressed by an update last week i believe. (not a hardware issue)

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

The device losing 4g data is an issue that was addressed by an update last week i believe. (not a hardware issue)

while s/w has been an issue, my first bionic had a heck of a time holding on to a data signal. the replacement, with the SAME OS version, was stellar and after a few days I upgraded the OS which made no difference, either good or bad, with respect to data connectivity.

themagicm

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site

Nope. If its under warranty, I call Verizon and they swap it out with a refurb.

I bought a Thunderbolt, complained, got a refurb TB. Didnt like it...Got a Incredible..didnt like it..got a Charge...and damn that phone BLOWS...now I'm on a Bionic. Finally I'm happy. Oh...and these swaps have been in the past 3 months. LOL!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer