i've got the handcent installed. i really don't need two apps doing the same thing.

i'd rather just get rid of the stock text app and stick with handcent.

and yes i have root.
    12-24-2011 11:09 AM
    You could freeze it with titanium backup, that's what I used.

Tapped on my Bionic running KIN3TX.
    12-24-2011 12:02 PM
    I use bloat freezer free and freeze it.
    I do suggest going into settings on the default messaging app and turning off notification before freezing.
    12-24-2011 05:32 PM
    Handcent also has an option to "Set as default SMS." So with that, and disabling the stock notifications you should be all set! (that's what I did at least)
    12-27-2011 11:54 AM
    I use GoSMS which also has the "set as default sms" feature, but I found that I still had to go into the stock text messaging app, go to settings, and way down at the bottom, uncheck the notification settings. That did the trick for me.
    12-27-2011 10:01 PM
    I seem to have a problem though with sending pictures on either GoSms and Handscent to some one that doesn't have that particular service...is this a known issue?
    12-27-2011 10:56 PM
    I seem to have a problem though with sending pictures on either GoSms and Handscent to some one that doesn't have that particular service...is this a known issue?
    Not that I've seen. I tend to send a lot of picture messages to my sister and she doesn't have GoSMS, just the stock text messaging app on her LG Ally. I also get her pictures without issue. Maybe you could email the developers? I know Go Launcher EX gets updated frequently to fix tiny issues here and there, so they seem pretty devoted to fixing bugs for people.
    CharlotteJacket likes this.
    12-30-2011 03:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD