Hot Battery:High Drain

pharologst

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Just pass on this tidbit. I have two batteries that i switch out when one gets at/below 20%. Apparently one time on switching (note the battery doesn't pop out easily) the batteries, I accidently moved the SD card ascue. This resulted in extreme battery drain of 50%/hour, and an EXTREMELY HOT battery. Everything worked but the battery drain caused a lot of heat, even more than normal when using GPS apps. SO, be careful when removing/addng the battery not to move the sd card.:D

Last edited:

idivorceyou

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
my phone routinely gets hot. the sd card is seated properly. so this may be 1 problem, but there is something else going on! Why is my battery heating up and dropping percentage left??
assuming the sd card is seated properly, of course

sdifw

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
my phone routinely gets hot. the sd card is seated properly. so this may be 1 problem, but there is something else going on! Why is my battery heating up and dropping percentage left??

Check what you have on the SD card. I experienced terriable battery drain and excessive heating until I deleted all of the crap that was saved on it from previous phones. Once I cleaned it off my battery life is amazing and have not had any heat issues.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

You could just have a lot of stuff running, or maybe you have a defective Bionic. Mine gets fairly warm when I'm using 4G a lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome