Anyone notice more 4G issues after the initial issues last month?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Seems my phone drops from 4G more often now.. prior to the issues on December, I was able to maintain a constant 4G signal almost anywhere I went.. now it seems my 4G is constantly dropping either into 3G or dropping and then re-aquiring 4G.

I am still rocking the .886 that came with the device because I am rooted and had some mods and I can't apply the update, so I dont know if something changed with the authentication method but it seems i'm being kicked off 4G more now..

Last edited:

bmalloy

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: Anyone notice more 4G issues after the initial issues last mo

Definitely. IF I even see 4G it usually will turn from blue to white within seconds. It may or may not go into 3G. Even if I set it to be 3G only - same thing. Connection drops constantly or just never connects.

Checking the phone right now it shows 4G but in white not blue - so I have no connection. Has been like this since day after Christmas. Basically my phone hasn't really had service since then! I think it is the are though since a droid incredible sitting right next to my bionic - drops the 3G non stop as well.

Basically it is a door stop at this point in time.

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

Y'all either are in a very weak 4G signal area, have a problem with your radio, or have a lemon. I have had no issues with 4G except when there's a VZW outage.

Couldn't hurt to upgrade to .901, a lot of folks have said their reception is much much better.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

Y'all either are in a very weak 4G signal area, have a problem with your radio, or have a lemon. I have had no issues with 4G except when there's a VZW outage.

Couldn't hurt to upgrade to .901, a lot of folks have said their reception is much much better.

I'm in Southern California, in Irvine.. where the signal is generally really strong..

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

Agreed. I'd check with Verizon to see if they'll swap it out for you. I live in a low signal area and still manage to almost always have at least a 3G connection, and anytime I drive to the 4G area nearby, it switches without issue and without drops.

mrwashy#AC

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site

Mine is dropping signal after the update, far more often than before. I'll get the white bars when switching from 4G to 3G, and occasionally won't get it back until a reboot. My Xoom has better connectivity...

Shankster

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

Mine is dropping signal after the update, far more often than before. I'll get the white bars when switching from 4G to 3G, and occasionally won't get it back until a reboot. My Xoom has better connectivity...

My Bionic is doing the same thing. My Bionic was flawless until the last update. Now have to reboot most of the time to get any 3G or 4G. It seems my phone has trouble switching between 3 and 4G.

Mlamp

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site

I lose my 4g connection much more often since the update was pushed out. So much more I'm thinking I'm going to have to do something about it...just not sure what.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

http://forums.androidcentral.com/bi...ks/146575-1-click-method-upgrading-901-a.html Here's my post on the .901 update. It involves the stock recovery and fastboot, and it's a pain if you don't follow the post correctly. I get a little less drops lately, but I think it's starting to drop more often...I'm thinking about calling up Verizon about this soon, maybe get a replacement...didn't have these kinds of problems too often before December, maybe I dropped it or something. It's gotten a little beaten up from the change in my pocket (I really need to separate those two ;) ), so it probably wouldn't hurt to get one that doesn't have paint chipping everywhere on the top too lol.

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Im on 901 and contrary to my post above, im now thinking im having more probs than before...have to reboot to get 4g, or sometimes don't have any data...

Sent from my Kin3txed Bionic with Hon3y

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

No worse, no better; still have the same issues (long delays) when switching from 4G to 3G.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

Definitely worse than before.. prior to December I was able to maintain a solid 4G connection everywhere. I work and live in Irvine where the signal should be strong, but I can't seem to maintain a 4G connection for more than 30 minutes.. it's ridiculous.

Are we dealing with the fallout of the GN exploding on VZ? Are they going through the same thing AT&T did when the iPhone and all their service problems when that phone first came out? At least they could switch back and forth reliably..

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000