Getjar

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
OK I need some help. What exactly is getjar? I found some apps on their gold website including tweetcaster pro. Tried to sync with appbrain, said there was an update, went to market and got a message that it wasn't purchased. Is getjar shady? What's the deal?

Sent from my Kin3txed Bionic with Hon3y

matthimrod

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Getjar is a different place to get apps. Think of it like the Amazon AppStore. The apps you purchase/download through GetJar won't show as purchased in the Android Market because Android Market doesn't link up with non-Market downloads (even if its the same app).

In order to get apps from GetJar, you need to download their own app from their website first and use it to download the Gold apps. I've downloaded a few apps for free from GetJar including Beautiful Widgets and Tapatalk and haven't had issues. They've actually been around longer than Android -- I think I got a few BlackBerry apps from their site back when I had a BlackBerry.

rickj832

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded getjar and downloaded tapatalk free from the gold aops. I thought I remember at one time there was a getjar icon in the notification bar that said there was an update for tapatalk.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

mbentley3

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded getjar and downloaded tapatalk free from the gold aops. I thought I remember at one time there was a getjar icon in the notification bar that said there was an update for tapatalk.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

How To Update Your Android App on GetJar ? GetJar Developer Blog

The GetJar app on a user?s will ping our servers once ever eight hours to see if there are updates. If a user declines the update, a reminder will go out once a week for 3 weeks. After that, the user will no longer get a notification for that specific app.

Reactions: Paul627g

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781