Hello all - A new icon appeared in the status notification bar at top of screen to left of 3G/4G icon on my Droid Bionic. It's an empty vertical box (a bit smaller than the horizontal battery icon) with squiggles on each side. The squiggles look like mirror images of a sideways "w". I can't locate an image like this online. Any ideas?
    iceman154 likes this.
    01-07-2012 10:09 AM
    Vibrate
    01-07-2012 10:32 AM
    Thread closed.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    01-07-2012 10:54 AM
    This is not the icon shown for vibrate in any icon glossary I can locate for the Bionic. I did have the phone in silent mode but was in that mode for two weeks and today was the first this icon showed up in status bar (yes - I would have noticed). Then again this phone will display no bars when the Bionic sitting next to it has 4G access. Go figure. Thanks
    01-07-2012 01:03 PM
    Mos def viber mode
    01-07-2012 02:09 PM
    There is no silent mode on stock bionic that I know of, only vibrate.
    01-09-2012 01:05 AM
    You can always go into settings->sounds and turn vibration off (or, set it to never), and then you can get silent mode with no vibration.
    01-09-2012 10:55 AM
    on my stock bionic, if i go into settings>sounds, the first thing i see at the top of the screen is silent mode.
    01-09-2012 07:30 PM
    .... it IS vibrate.....

/thread
    01-10-2012 03:05 AM
    Ok, to be a little more clear here, there's no separate "vibrate only" and "silent" modes like other phones and earlier versions of stock Android had. There's just one "silent" mode that turns off the ringer. Whether or not the phone vibrates in this mode is dependent on what you've set under Settings > Sound > Vibrate. (Choices are Always, Never, Only in Silent mode, and Only when not in Silent mode) So, unfortunately it's not easy to toggle between "Silent" and "Vibrate only" on the lockscreen or phone options screen, but you can control which way "Silent" mode behaves by adjusting that setting.
    01-10-2012 08:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD