902 for the rest of us?

uiil

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Just gonna wait for OTA update here. No real problems I'm in any rush to fix.

If I had the time to spare, I'd probably be tweaking all settings and rooting the hell out of this beastie.:p

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand the reluctance with going to .902. Unlike. 901 this one has been publicized by Verizon, not just sent to select people suddenly with little to no warning and then yanked back. I don't suspect this one will be yanked back. So far I've had zero issues with either 901 or 902. I think the 4G strength and speed is improved some more with 902, and perhaps some better battery performance. As SamuriHL said, knowing you can get back takes the worry out when loading a new update manually. I'm thankful that there are those people that make these files available to all of us

mbentley3

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Take awhile? Nah.....I just got .902 pushed to my phone while playing words with friends :)

Downloading as i type this.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
i've had it since yeswterday. it keeps bugging me to install.

i have the stock with root. so is it safe to install and not lose root?

i've had root since the phone initially came out. and i'm not home enough to keep uptodate on everything going on in these forums. so i have no idea what goes on anymore.

so excuse my ignorance if i sound like a dummy.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
As long as you've applied FOREVER root, then yes. People install root, forget to apply the forever root patch, and then lose root after the upgrade and wonder why. :) Another option to be safe is to get Voodoo Rootkeeper and run that before you upgrade. It's free in the market.

mbentley3

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
As long as you've applied FOREVER root, then yes. People install root, forget to apply the forever root patch, and then lose root after the upgrade and wonder why. :) Another option to be safe is to get Voodoo Rootkeeper and run that before you upgrade. It's free in the market.

Voodoo rootkeeper does not keep root through an OTA, not on the bionic atleast.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Voodoo rootkeeper does not keep root through an OTA, not on the bionic atleast.

Well that lessens the usefulness of it. :) I was already forever rooted on 893 when I went to 902 so I didn't try it. I guess the lesson is make sure you're forever rooted on 893 (search for ROTA893) before upgrading to 902.