Since update...

JerryRogan

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Since this update, 4G holding better, battery seems to last longer, but my little green led telling me I have mail no longer blinks. Any suggestions?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

snsethy

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
My battery just drained completely in the course of an hour and a half. Only listening to locally stored music on spotify.

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
My battery just drained completely in the course of an hour and a half. Only listening to locally stored music on spotify.

I had worse battery life initially after the update. Wiping the cache partition in recovery fixed that. Battery is very good now.

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
How do you wipe cache partition?

Shut down the phone. Hold down BOTH volume keys and press power button. Use volume down to highlight recovery. Press volume up to select recovery. When you see the exclamation point with the android, press both volume keys together. Use volume down to highlight Wipe Cache Partition. Press Power button to select. When finished use power button to select reboot system.

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I'll try this BC my battery life sucks even on extended battery, but how does wiping cache help with battery life?

Tapatalked from my Bionic

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Shut down the phone. Hold down BOTH volume keys and press power button. Use volume down to highlight recovery. Press volume up to select recovery. When you see the exclamation point with the android, press both volume keys together. Use volume down to highlight Wipe Cache Partition. Press Power button to select. When finished use power button to select reboot system.

Thanks - will this delete all my apps and stuff?

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I'll try this BC my battery life sucks even on extended battery, but how does wiping cache help with battery life?

Tapatalked from my Bionic

I really don't understand the HOW on this, but i read about it and it seemed to help my battery life post-update.

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm interested to know if anyone tried this and if it helped? It seemed to make a positive difference for me.

Last edited:

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm interested to know if anyone tried this and if it helped? It seemed to make a positive difference for me.

too early to tell for me. standard battery, stock ROM. i had 4G / Wifi on all day; phone was roughly at 96% charge this morning (i use battery circle). ran it down to about 33% after 11 hrs.

display on was about 1.5 hrs
i used bluetooth / mp3 player for about an hour while at the gym
4G couldn't have been on for more than an hour tops (wifi the rest of the time)
didn't play any games or do too much browsing throughout the day

this seems marginally better than usual, but any little bit helps. what i'd love is to have the phone last me from sun up to sun down. i'll give it another go tmw

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Pretty sure it didn't help me, I dropped 40% in an hour of my phone being in my pocket not doing anything.

Definitely something going on here.... I have had my phone in my pocket for 6hrs and it's only dropped 10% (shows 90% battery) and that's with 20 mins of voice calls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34