Everything I download goes to a folder (Downloads) on the internal memory. Is there a way to change that to the SD card? I don't want to periodically be forced to hook up my Bionic to a PC to move files around.
    02-16-2012 03:20 PM
    I asked this a while back and never got an answer. If you're rooted you can use root explorer or the like to move between SD and sd-ext.

Tapatalked from my Bionic
    02-16-2012 03:48 PM
    If your using a non stock browser then you can change the download directory but don't know many other work arounds.....
    02-16-2012 04:31 PM
    U know how to do this on opera mobile? Can't find it.

02-16-2012 04:39 PM
    Since, by default, all downloads go to /sdcard/downloads, and since the genius engineers at Motorola decided to put the /sdcard directory in internal memory, you are going to have to either move them yourself using a file explorer app, or if your browser allows it, manually change the download directory path.
    02-18-2012 10:12 AM
    U know how to do this on opera mobile? Can't find it.
    Looked and couldn't find how to.....one of the few downsides to this phone LOL

02-18-2012 11:09 AM
    dolphin browser allows you to set your external SD as your download path, its what I use.
    02-21-2012 09:58 AM
    I'm not using a browser for most downloads. I'm using Stumble
    02-21-2012 01:08 PM
    I'm not using a browser for most downloads. I'm using Stumble
    What's stumble?

02-21-2012 01:16 PM
    dolphin browser allows you to set your external SD as your download path, its what I use.
    I Can't Find Out How To Change In Dolphin Browser The Download Location From Sd Card To Ex Sd Card, Any Help Please, Thanks Loads
    10-16-2015 09:09 PM
    Thank you for suggesting Dolphin!
    I needed to be able downloading files with some old Gogen Tablet, and there is no MyFiles, not even disabled. And none of browsers i tried before was able to set download location + for unknown reason there is sdcard and sd_external folders. Some browsers were able use sdcard folder - which is useless! since sdcard is mapped to internal storage.
    Dolphin was the only browser able to set download folder wherever i want to, even sd_external It is already in my (czech) language and works pretty well even on this old Gogen.
    05-02-2016 02:22 AM
    Since, by default, all downloads go to /sdcard/downloads, and since the genius engineers at Motorola decided to put the /sdcard directory in internal memory, you are going to have to either move them yourself using a file explorer app, or if your browser allows it, manually change the download directory path.
    12-03-2016 03:35 PM
    Ok guys, I've been looking into this and I thought storage downloads, so I checked my applications I checked the "my files" app and there you'll see storage, however, the only setting thete is for the internal storage. So I then checked the SD card storage settings, there you will see the option for both internal and external storage. Just tap that setting and set to external storage that should fix that problem.
    If not please let me know because I hate using internal storage for downloads too.
    12-03-2016 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD