Contact's old number keeps coming up

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I had a contact's number stored previously with a *82 prefix in order to show my caller ID information. I then realized that I couldn't text this person using the contact info since the *82 isn't considered part of a valid address. I've tried numerous ways to delete and re-enter that phone number without using the *82 prefix, but every time I go to text that person the phone pulls the number from somewhere with the *82 prefix still there. Any suggestions? Thanks...

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I have found the only way around this is to add a second number to each contact you need to text as "other" without the *82. Then select that number as the one to text. It will then remember that choice.

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I tried that too... somehow the phone is remembering the actual number and whenever it "sees it"... it puts the *82 in front of it.

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Are your contacts saved to your phone or to you gmail account? Also, is your sync set up to revert to whatever is on the "cloud" vs whatever is on your phone? Try to edit the contact in gmail. If that doesn't work, delete the contact and remake it with multiple entries. If that too still doesn't work... well, I'm out of ideas, so read more posts!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user