music on phone

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
how do you get music on the phone. since we're all out of options for downloading anymore.

apple has itunes. what does android have?

is there a way to keep on the pc also. or is it strictly a phone deal.

what options are there for getting music for my phone?

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Google has their own music store called Google play music. This is a music cloud service. You can buy music from them as well as sync your music from iTunes into it. Google play music is both on the phone and the computer

xljetmedic

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I use the application Zumocast. It is a Motorola application that comes pre installed on the bionics.

If you have a pc or a laptop, download the computer application by going to zumocast.com

It automatically finds your music,pictures,and files so you can stream them to your phone.

This service is free and I really enjoy it.

Hope this helps.

EnergyPlus

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Yep, I have been using Zumo since I got this phone last September and I use it most every day, streaming music in my office. I love it! Uploading my 40,000 songs to the cloud is just ridiculous when I have Zumo instead!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Do you have to leave your home computer on for Zumo?

If so, Google Play is a better solution for most people.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Do you have to leave your home computer on for Zumo?

If so, Google Play is a better solution for most people.

Yes, the host pc needs to be on for Zumo to work. I have a server at work with a 2TB drive loaded with music and I use it all the time.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'd argue that most people don't leave their home machines on 24/7.

I'd also argue that most people don't have home server.

Make sure all the tags are correct and start uploading music to the cloud. It may take a few nights, depending on how much music you have and how fast your home internet is but one everything is set, Google Play Music is amazing.

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
in the old days. i used to just download my songs. before strict regulations shut down all music sharing software. and just transfer them to my memory card to be played on the phone.

now we're forced to buy. i've never owned apple so i don't know how itunes works. but since we're forced to pay now i'm just looking to do the same thing. and not familiar with how android works.

i really don't want to use this cloud service either. nor do i want to rely on having internet.

i just want to download and transfer to phone. something similar to the itunes method

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
in the old days. i used to just download my songs. before strict regulations shut down all music sharing software. and just transfer them to my memory card to be played on the phone.

now we're forced to buy. i've never owned apple so i don't know how itunes works. but since we're forced to pay now i'm just looking to do the same thing. and not familiar with how android works.

i really don't want to use this cloud service either. nor do i want to rely on having internet.

i just want to download and transfer to phone. something similar to the itunes method

Buy from the Play Store, and make the song available offline on your device.

xljetmedic

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
But Google music does not offer streaming video,documents,pictures am I correct? Is there a unless III noted amount of storage space for Google music?

Anyway zumocast let's laptop go into low power mode it just doesn't let it sleep.

xljetmedic

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
If you already have the music you can download the music you have on I tunes to your sd card under

Media>and then make a folder for your music.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
But Google music does not offer streaming video,documents,pictures am I correct? Is there a unless III noted amount of storage space for Google music?

Anyway zumocast let's laptop go into low power mode it just doesn't let it sleep.

Google music won't do that but, Google has other services in the play store that will, such as videos, books, and docs.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

indiane

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
If you would rather just buy your music on your PC from whoever you want (iTunes, amazonmp3, google, etc)...I use mp3fiesta and then place the music files in my iTunes music folder. I have zumocast and when you hold down on a particular music file on your phone screen, it will give you the option to download to your phone. I prefer this method since it's all wireless and the music is really on my phone. There are other music players that will sync with iTunes wirelessly (double twist airsync).

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
If you would rather just buy your music on your PC from whoever you want (iTunes, amazonmp3, google, etc)...I use mp3fiesta and then place the music files in my iTunes music folder. I have zumocast and when you hold down on a particular music file on your phone screen, it will give you the option to download to your phone. I prefer this method since it's all wireless and the music is really on my phone. There are other music players that will sync with iTunes wirelessly (double twist airsync).

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Google Music does the same thing, without the need to have your home PC on.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It's 2012. Plugging your phone into a PC to add music to it is outdated.

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
It's 2012. Plugging your phone into a PC to add music to it is outdated.

welll, excuse me for not getting with the times. but what you all are talking about basically requires internet. which isn't easily available out on the open country.

you see, i have a motorcycle to which i would like to do some jamming. and the music i have from the OLD TIME days is getting a little old. but since i can no longer get my music THE OLD FASHIONED way. i'm left with buying the music somehow and USING THE OLD FASHIONED WAY. transfering to my phone. VIA A CABLE.

i'm not up to date on the available ways you all are doing it these days. as i've had no reason to figure out what methods are used today.

but as of right now. all i want to do is buy my music since that's what it's come down to. and transfer to my phone using a cable. so i can listen to my music the old fashioned way. FROM MY DEVICE and not over the air waves.

if i were to buy music using itunes. does that play on android. cuz the last software i was using would trasnfer over to the phone. but andoird wouldn't pick them all up. and it was a real pain to sort through the invisible ones and make them correct so that android would pick them up. in fact, i've still got 5 songs that the phone can't see.

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
New songs from iTunes will be recognized. Doubletwist is a great apo for iTunes to Android. Old songs from I believe 2009 and before will not show up because they aren't DRM free. Newer ones are DRM free so they'll work fine as will songs you import from a CD or outside source.

Sent from my Note!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781