icecream sandwich

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
My big problem with Motorola and the Droid Bionic relates to inconsistencies with release builds and ICS hacks only having half of what's needed to work reliably. Thankfully I'm running the latest 4.0 build Spearmint Gummy on top of the leaked 5.9.904 that thankfully has improved 3g and 4g connectivity problems in previous builds. It's not perfect, but a huge improvement on previous builds. Sorli...

I can see having an issue with inconsistencies in final released builds, but ICS hacks? I don't see how that's Motorola's or Verizon's problem.

therddler

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I can see having an issue with inconsistencies in final released builds, but ICS hacks? I don't see how that's Motorola's or Verizon's problem.

I think he is referring to the the ICS builds across all the common devices .i.e. Some devices are running GB 2.3 and some are running GB 2.2, all of which reside on Verizons Network. Again ...I think.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Given that the Bionic came out nearly a year ago, it seems strange that it's taken so long to get it updated to its potential. Here's hoping the hardware is up to the software by this time.

Dale Griggs

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Given that the Bionic came out nearly a year ago, it seems strange that it's taken so long to get it updated to its potential. Here's hoping the hardware is up to the software by this time.
The Bionic came out in September 2011, this is April 2012. When did 8 months become "Nearly a year ago?"

Last edited:

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

There have been updates, and no where in your contract does it say you will receive updates at all.

C'mon guys, I know ICS is a much better OS, but this phone is still pretty sweet!

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm in no hurry now. With Foxfi on my Bionic, I use it only as a free 4g wifi hotspots for my Xoom. Going to ICS might make the Foxfi stop working, so I am sticking with GB.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
jb is actually GB. Ginger Bread ;) And don't try to pull that my finger slipped and I hit the wrong button card, there's a whole H key between them! .

I think that JB was meant, as the next release after ICS is rumored to be called Jelly Bean (or, JB).

As the release names always go up in alphabetical order, I can safely state that the Bionic will *never* get a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough version of Android.

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I think that JB was meant, as the next release after ICS is rumored to be called Jelly Bean (or, JB).

As the release names always go up in alphabetical order, I can safely state that the Bionic will *never* get a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough version of Android.

Damn... I was trying to be funny and look where that gets me...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital