Rotating Spare Batteries Into and Out of Service

NoClue48

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to the Android world and don't hang out much in or post to forums, so I apologize if this has been asked before...

I have a one-month old Droid Bionic and, for the most part, get one day's use out of a battery charge. When I purchased my Bionic (from Costco), the deal included a spare Motorola 1735mAh Standard Battery HW4X and charging unit.

So, since I have two batteries, should I be rotating them in and out of service in the phone on a daily, weekly, monthly or whatever basis?

I'm anticipating that I will be placing the unused battery into the charging station and leaving it there until needed next. If I have a longer rotation cycle, the unused battery may be in the charger for long(ish) periods of time. Does anyone see any issues with this sort of practice?

Again, sorry if this has been asked before, but any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
NC

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
This is just what I did, not really giving you advice on it just and example.

I had 2 extended batteries for my Charge. I would run one of them until I hit 10% then swap it for the other. Charging the dead one while I was using the full one. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I wasnt using them long, but saw no ill effects from it...

Reactions: NoClue48

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Bionic since release with the VZW extended battery and I plug in my charger every night about 11pm and take it off charger every morning at 6am and my battery is still as strong as it was the day I got it, so I don't see any issues with you rotating your batteries in and out.

Reactions: NoClue48

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome