Motoprint failure to print pdf

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
anyone else having issues? wifi is ON, can see the printer, I choose the file, the printer, hit OK, and the pdf sits for many minutes in the queue. never prints. tried 3 times.

i can print the same pdf from my laptop to the same printer. i can print images and contacts using Motoprint. PDF's won't print.

any ideas what is wrong with Motoprint?

Last edited:

lapsus memoriae

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I just found I have the same problem! Everything was working fine the last time I printed (less than a week ago). Today, at first only pdf files wouldn't print but photos would. Now nothing will print from my Droid 4 using Motoprint, everything is just sitting in the queue. Wifi is working, everything appears to be communicating, I didn't change anything. I have an HP printer that is compatible with Motoprint and settings haven't changed. So, if dave1812dave has a possible solution, please share. Googling brought me here. Thank you.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Just for testing, I can print PDF's to a Sharp MX3610N and a Canon 1023IF with no issues or delays. But I would still like to hear Dave's solution.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
my solution is not going to fix everyone else's . My problem was a lack of :

1. Motoprint Host

2. Not sharing my printer (windows printer sharing feature) on the PC that I eventually installed Host,

3. and...customizing the firewall to open the ports mentioned during installation of Host.

Good luck with YOUR specific Motoprint issues!!

Reactions: lapsus memoriae

Dandroide

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I had lost print ability and I think it was due to ZoneAlarm. Thanks for the post and ideas. Now it's working at my office. I will have to do the same at home now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech