Extended battery - question mark

mvidas

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Back in early march, I bought an OEM extended battery+case for my bionic off of amazon (link). It has been great, very long lasting time. Yesterday, I installed GO Launcher. After entering the new launcher, I saw the battery has a [ ? ] question mark icon instead of the remaining power. I exited out of the app, and the question mark remained. I even uninstalled the app but still no joy. I hoped it would correct itself when I charged it last night, but it gave me an error about being an invalid battery, and I woke up to a dead phone.

I put my original battery in this morning and it works fine, so theres seemingly nothing wrong with the connectors on the phone. I'm hard pressed to believe an app could ruin the physical battery, so I'm thinking theres some sort of software fix to undo whatever the go launcher did.

Any ideas? Thanks!
Matt

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
It could be coincidental with the install of Go Launcher (in other words, the battery issue just happened to occur right after you installed Go). Check the battery again; perhaps the contacts on the battery itself are bad. Perhaps the battery simply failed and you need a warranty replacement.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
For the same cost I got a Motorola extended battery right at Verizon, but that was when the phone launced. don't they sell them at that price any longer? I've had awful luck with a number of off brand batteries for a variety of devices. Sometimes the price can be seductive, but they generally don't hold up as well as the "real" thing.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what that issue is. I've been using an extended battery with Go Launcher since launch with no issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835