Motorola just posted that we're getting ICS in "early" Q3

renegademoose

May 9, 2011
Visit site
They must have just updated that. I was looking at the site a few days ago and it was still TBD or whatever.

Nice to see it is scheduled, but I will probably have the Razr Maxx HD Fighter (or whatever they decide to call it) by then. :)

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I would prefer for them to push it back to Q4.....that way they can release it to all the other phones first and work out all the bugs BEFORE we get it. :)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
They must have just updated that. I was looking at the site a few days ago and it was still TBD or whatever.

Nice to see it is scheduled, but I will probably have the Razr Maxx HD Fighter (or whatever they decide to call it) by then. :)

And unless you plan on buying that next Motorola at full retail, or have another line that's upgrade-eligible, most current Bionic owners won't be in the market for a new phone. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I would prefer for them to push it back to Q4.....that way they can release it to all the other phones first and work out all the bugs BEFORE we get it. :)

I note your smiley but...

B'leeve I'll be watching the Razr and Razrmaxx forums during Q2 to get some indication of how it goes for them.

;)

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

Whatever it is, it'll be running an Intel CPU most likely. I'm not in the market for a new phone until I can get an upgrade, so it's good news for a majority of the Bionic owners.

It's going to have bugs no matter what, might as well release it early and get feedback. Q3 means around July/August, so that's plenty of time for the Razr to be our guinea pigs :p

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Not to mention I still have a year on this contract so buying a new phone isn't really in the cards for me at this time. ICS should make this a new phone hopefully.

hkklife

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Whatever it is, it'll be running an Intel CPU most likely. I'm not in the market for a new phone until I can get an upgrade, so it's good news for a majority of the Bionic owners.

It's going to have bugs no matter what, might as well release it early and get feedback. Q3 means around July/August, so that's plenty of time for the Razr to be our guinea pigs :p

I doubt the next-gen Moto RAZR HD will be Intel-based. Most likely it'll be a quick refresh of the existing RAZR Maxx (same battery, same formfactor) with the larger 720p screen, ICS and a better camera. I imagine the real killer Moto device will hit around the holidays if we are lucky. I'd bet on that running Tegra3+ w/ LTE or perhaps even be the first Intel device.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I doubt the next-gen Moto RAZR HD will be Intel-based. Most likely it'll be a quick refresh of the existing RAZR Maxx (same battery, same formfactor) with the larger 720p screen, ICS and a better camera. I imagine the real killer Moto device will hit around the holidays if we are lucky. I'd bet on that running Tegra3+ w/ LTE or perhaps even be the first Intel device.

Lol. It'll come out one month after the supposed HD just so people can about Motorola releasing too many phones.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Awesome! Right about the time Jelly Bean is released.

Maybe if Motor left the OS's vanilla they could get them released sooner.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Jelly Bean will be announced at Google's IO...which is next month. Most likely it'll be released in September at the earliest.

I highly doubt Motorola will use anything but Intel or the current OMAP4 they're using since they struck a deal with Intel and are planning on releasing Intel devices soon. How soon? I would hope the Razr HD would be when we'll see Intel in phones, but by the holiday season for sure.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital