05-28-2012 05:50 PM
29 12
tools
    Motorola Android Software Upgrade News | Motorola Owners' Forum | Motorola Mobility Inc.

So all you people freaking out that we wouldn't be getting it...we're getting it in "early" Q3. Meaning summer.
    05-18-2012 02:07 PM
    Motorola Android Software Upgrade News | Motorola Owners' Forum | Motorola Mobility Inc.

So all you people freaking out that we wouldn't be getting it...we're getting it in "early" Q3. Meaning summer.
    Great news!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    05-18-2012 02:42 PM
    They must have just updated that. I was looking at the site a few days ago and it was still TBD or whatever.

Nice to see it is scheduled, but I will probably have the Razr Maxx HD Fighter (or whatever they decide to call it) by then. :-)
    05-18-2012 03:30 PM
    I would prefer for them to push it back to Q4.....that way they can release it to all the other phones first and work out all the bugs BEFORE we get it. :-)
    1812dave likes this.
    05-18-2012 03:33 PM
    They must have just updated that. I was looking at the site a few days ago and it was still TBD or whatever.

Nice to see it is scheduled, but I will probably have the Razr Maxx HD Fighter (or whatever they decide to call it) by then. :-)
    And unless you plan on buying that next Motorola at full retail, or have another line that's upgrade-eligible, most current Bionic owners won't be in the market for a new phone.

05-18-2012 03:37 PM
    I would prefer for them to push it back to Q4.....that way they can release it to all the other phones first and work out all the bugs BEFORE we get it. :-)
    The DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR Maxx owners are our guinea pigs.

1812dave, Lee_Bo, rosser and 1 others like this.
    05-18-2012 03:39 PM
    I note your smiley but...

B'leeve I'll be watching the Razr and Razrmaxx forums during Q2 to get some indication of how it goes for them.

05-18-2012 03:40 PM
    Breathe some new life into my bionic LOL. Stock still by the way hehehe.
    05-18-2012 04:01 PM

Whatever it is, it'll be running an Intel CPU most likely. I'm not in the market for a new phone until I can get an upgrade, so it's good news for a majority of the Bionic owners.

It's going to have bugs no matter what, might as well release it early and get feedback. Q3 means around July/August, so that's plenty of time for the Razr to be our guinea pigs :P
    05-18-2012 04:03 PM

Awesome! Right about the time Jelly Bean is released.

Maybe if Motor left the OS's vanilla they could get them released sooner.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    05-18-2012 04:04 PM
    Not to mention I still have a year on this contract so buying a new phone isn't really in the cards for me at this time. ICS should make this a new phone hopefully.
    05-18-2012 04:06 PM
    The DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR Maxx owners are our guinea pigs.
    And we'll watch to learn how long it takes VZW to sign off on ICS after Moto is ready to release it.

05-18-2012 04:30 PM
    Whatever it is, it'll be running an Intel CPU most likely. I'm not in the market for a new phone until I can get an upgrade, so it's good news for a majority of the Bionic owners.

It's going to have bugs no matter what, might as well release it early and get feedback. Q3 means around July/August, so that's plenty of time for the Razr to be our guinea pigs :P

I doubt the next-gen Moto RAZR HD will be Intel-based. Most likely it'll be a quick refresh of the existing RAZR Maxx (same battery, same formfactor) with the larger 720p screen, ICS and a better camera. I imagine the real killer Moto device will hit around the holidays if we are lucky. I'd bet on that running Tegra3+ w/ LTE or perhaps even be the first Intel device.
    05-18-2012 06:39 PM
    I doubt the next-gen Moto RAZR HD will be Intel-based. Most likely it'll be a quick refresh of the existing RAZR Maxx (same battery, same formfactor) with the larger 720p screen, ICS and a better camera. I imagine the real killer Moto device will hit around the holidays if we are lucky. I'd bet on that running Tegra3+ w/ LTE or perhaps even be the first Intel device.
    Lol. It'll come out one month after the supposed HD just so people can about Motorola releasing too many phones.

05-18-2012 07:06 PM
    Awesome! Right about the time Jelly Bean is released.

Maybe if Motor left the OS's vanilla they could get them released sooner.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Jelly Bean will be announced at Google's IO...which is next month. Most likely it'll be released in September at the earliest.

I highly doubt Motorola will use anything but Intel or the current OMAP4 they're using since they struck a deal with Intel and are planning on releasing Intel devices soon. How soon? I would hope the Razr HD would be when we'll see Intel in phones, but by the holiday season for sure.
    05-18-2012 07:07 PM
    Ill believe it when I see it
    05-21-2012 09:10 AM
    Ill believe it when I see it
    See you in Q3.

05-21-2012 12:20 PM
    See you in Q3.

I hope so cause Ill drop Eclipse fast for it. I ran the leaked version & loved it but decided to run Eclipse to enjoy it in the mean time.
    05-21-2012 04:08 PM
    Leaked version of what? There's no ics leak for us is there?
    05-21-2012 11:13 PM
    Leaked version of what? There's no ics leak for us is there?
    Probably referring to 905, which was GB.

05-21-2012 11:17 PM
    Probably referring to 905, which was GB.

She meant the AOSP Roms that Dhacker's been working on. See you in Q3, they confirmed that's when we'll get it.
    05-22-2012 01:34 AM
    She meant the AOSP Roms that Dhacker's been working on. See you in Q3, they confirmed that's when we'll get it.

Yes yes thats right.
    05-22-2012 09:25 AM
    If the Bionic was advertised to rule all others why didn't we get Ice Cream first? Just sayin.
    05-27-2012 10:45 AM
    If the Bionic was advertised to rule all others why didn't we get Ice Cream first? Just sayin.
    Marketing...Verizon sucks at it

Sent from my XT875 using Android Central Forums
    05-27-2012 12:32 PM
    If you believe what you hear on commercials and advertisments then you're a member of the Idiocracy. Just sayin.
    Ry and perkdog65 like this.
    05-27-2012 12:49 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD