Ice cream for Bionic? 3rd Q???

dragonking37

May 25, 2012
Visit site
So why does motorola call this The phone to rule all others Then put us in the third quarter for receiving the update to ice cream sandwich? Shouldn't we have been the first phone to get the update? I have been trying to send an email to motorola But there is no direct link for customer service. At least not that I found. Love my bionic. Hate being lied to!

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
It's called marketing.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

The RAZR is Droid strong...it's all marketing and means nothing. Verizon's marketing is annoying at best, if I can't remember how to do something I get the statement "I thought Droid Does? I guess it doesn't..." But that's fruit phone users

Sent from my XT875 using Android Central Forums

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Stop believing what you hear in advertisements. Stop feeling entitled.

Do those two things and your life will magically get better and you'll be a happier person.

Reactions: BasPilot

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
The RAZR is Droid strong... if I can't remember how to do something I get the statement "I thought Droid Does? I guess it doesn't..." But that's fruit phone users

Apple is one of the worlds best at marketing.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So why does motorola call this The phone to rule all others Then put us in the third quarter for receiving the update to ice cream sandwich? Shouldn't we have been the first phone to get the update? I have been trying to send an email to motorola But there is no direct link for customer service. At least not that I found. Love my bionic. Hate being lied to!

Because they will say just about anything to get people to purchase their products. Products they have no plans to support after 2 months.

After the release of the first razr did anyone really think Moto would have any interest in the Bionic?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Dale Griggs

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

Apple could introduce a 1940 Ford coupe and tell you has a radio and they would sell millions of them. Wait until their $2,000 40 inch TV comes out and see people standing in line for day to get the first one.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

That was exactly my point. Verizon, Google, and Android OEMs aren't doing it right. Verizon is marketing to 12 year old boys with swords, explosions, and crappy tag lines. Samsung is making fun of Apple users. HTC is just being weird with their One series commercials. Google is the only one doing it right. I've seen some newer "Droid" commercials from Verizon, and if they keep doing that, they'll sell a lot more phones. Breath some life into Android marketing, that's a big thing that's holding us back.

rj160202

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
That was exactly my point. Verizon, Google, and Android OEMs aren't doing it right. Verizon is marketing to 12 year old boys with swords, explosions, and crappy tag lines. Samsung is making fun of Apple users. HTC is just being weird with their One series commercials. Google is the only one doing it right. I've seen some newer "Droid" commercials from Verizon, and if they keep doing that, they'll sell a lot more phones. Breath some life into Android marketing, that's a big thing that's holding us back.

They aren't doing it right...except you, me and everyone else here still has a droid. You can make the funny quips about Verizon and Samsung and HTC all you want, but it works.

Reactions: Ry

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Let the RAXR family be the guinea pigs on ICS. :)

If Motorola didn't screw up the OS with Blur and just went vanilla things might not take this long on their end.

Maybe Google will fix that and throw Blur into the trash now that they own Motorola Mobility.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Rejoice, our Droid Razr/Razr Maxx brethren who are getting it in Q2 get to be the guinea pigs. Besides, by the time they get the bugs sorted out we'll have a leak.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Lol

notanoldguy

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
So is it ice cream sandwich or not? Verizon and BestBuy both say YES. Here?s what happened. I was adding an app for a clock on my home page. Knowing nothing about adding an app and not being very good at it, it took me a few times to get it just right. When I got it right, I searched for another app to download. Found one, downloaded it, but didn?t like it so I sent it to the trash can at the top of the phone, then deleted it from the list of downloads. Then I noticed the clock I placed on my home page wasn?t correct, so I dumped that in the trash, and downloaded and installed it correctly.

Then my phone went blank. When it came back a new wallpaper had been installed on my home page. My shortcuts were there but the icons were all different. I panicked. I turned the phone off then on again a couple of times. Still the look of the phone had changed and I didn?t know how to fix it.

I took the phone to Verizon and BestBuy [where I bought the phone]. Both told me the phone had updated itself to the ice cream sandwich format. I asked how did they know? Because the phone was able to do things ginger bread formats couldn?t do. And ice cream was supposed to do. I have no idea because it?s all above my level of knowledge usage.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
So is it ice cream sandwich or not? Verizon and BestBuy both say YES. Here?s what happened. I was adding an app for a clock on my home page. Knowing nothing about adding an app and not being very good at it, it took me a few times to get it just right. When I got it right, I searched for another app to download. Found one, downloaded it, but didn?t like it so I sent it to the trash can at the top of the phone, then deleted it from the list of downloads. Then I noticed the clock I placed on my home page wasn?t correct, so I dumped that in the trash, and downloaded and installed it correctly.

Then my phone went blank. When it came back a new wallpaper had been installed on my home page. My shortcuts were there but the icons were all different. I panicked. I turned the phone off then on again a couple of times. Still the look of the phone had changed and I didn?t know how to fix it.

I took the phone to Verizon and BestBuy [where I bought the phone]. Both told me the phone had updated itself to the ice cream sandwich format. I asked how did they know? Because the phone was able to do things ginger bread formats couldn?t do. And ice cream was supposed to do. I have no idea because it?s all above my level of knowledge usage.

What version does your phone have?

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site

Without going into settings and seeing what version you are running, we have no way of knowing. Seeing as ICS isn't set for release until Q3 and this is only June, a good educated guess is no, you do not have ICS yet, at least, not officially. You may have inadvertently messed up your phone installing and deleting apps.

The only way to know for sure is to go into system settings- about phone and see what Android version is says is installed.

notanoldguy

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Without going into settings and seeing what version you are running, we have no way of knowing. Seeing as ICS isn't set for release until Q3 and this is only June, a good educated guess is no, you do not have ICS yet, at least, not officially. You may have inadvertently messed up your phone installing and deleting apps.

The only way to know for sure is to go into system settings- about phone and see what Android version is says is installed.

Well, I certainly don't know enough about the setting, etc, but again the version is 5.9.902.xt875 and the android version is 2.3.4. I don't think it's ICS either. And even if it is, I don't know how to use it all yet.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Reactions: crystalmoon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21