Is this the end of Bionic?

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I paid $300 for the stupid thing when it was released and then suffered from the sub-par software for months before they finally fixed a lot of issues and made it stable. That's the last time I'm going to pay to be a phone tester.

I did the same thing. I was a staunch Moto fan, having loved the Droid X. I thought the Bionic would "up" the whole experience, but was dismayed to discover all the problems. Waiting the better part of a year for the fabled ICS - well, not good.

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I did the same thing. I was a staunch Moto fan, having loved the Droid X. I thought the Bionic would "up" the whole experience, but was dismayed to discover all the problems. Waiting the better part of a year for the fabled ICS - well, not good.

There's not a single phone that I can recall that came to market without bugs. If you don't believe that read the HTC One X forums. They're all buggy when new. And I've had both the DX, DX2 as well as 2 Bionics in my family and there's no doubt in my mind that the Bionic is a far superior device to both the DX and DX2. My God, the DX2 was a disaster when it first released.

And, unless you bought a Nexus, or are one of a lucky few, we're all still waiting for ICS. That's not a problem that's specific to the Bionic or Motorola, it's just the way it is. JBQ at Google has stated publicly that 6-8 months is the norm after Google releases a new version of Android before before the manufacturers and carriers start rolling out upgrades.

Reactions: nobreak1970

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
The other WebOS diehard in our household has just ordered a BIONIC as well. This one was free, where mine was $30 (each with a 2-year renewal, keeping unlimited data). Mine is working well and I expect that the new one will perform similarly. We'll both feel more at home on the device when ICS brings us some of that Matias Duarte goodness to which we've grown so accustomed, but GB is adequate for the moment.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
There's not a single phone that I can recall that came to market without bugs. If you don't believe that read the HTC One X forums. They're all buggy when new. And I've had both the DX, DX2 as well as 2 Bionics in my family and there's no doubt in my mind that the Bionic is a far superior device to both the DX and DX2. My God, the DX2 was a disaster when it first released.

And, unless you bought a Nexus, or are one of a lucky few, we're all still waiting for ICS. That's not a problem that's specific to the Bionic or Motorola, it's just the way it is. JBQ at Google has stated publicly that 6-8 months is the norm after Google releases a new version of Android before before the manufacturers and carriers start rolling out upgrades.

For the record, I'd rather get updates that address bugs than an update to an entire new version of Android.

Until not having ICS keeps me from getting the apps that I need and the games that I want, I'm not too concerned about only being on Gingerbread.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I can't open that link, so I googled it, and see that its now free? Is that the story?

I'm fuming right now. I just paid $100 for mine on Thursday.....

(And this also happened with my last phone, only it was a month later)

Don't feel bad. About a year ago, I paid nearly $500! A month or so later, Moto launched the Razrr, then Razrr Maxx, then two others in quick succession. Talk about being reamed...

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Galaxy SII didn't have problems and is getting ICS, June 22nd, the day of the release of the SIII.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thanthan23