traveling to Japan

jj1122

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone on here tell me if My Bionic will work in Japan? Ive got to make a short trip soon. Verizon says it will, but Ive heard a lot of stories that it wont. Im leary about relying on what Verizon tells me as I can port over to a blackberry before I go, but Id rather use my bionic if I can. Any insight would be appreciate. Im talking about using it on Verizon as a CDMA phone, dont want to even think about enableing the gsm radio.

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
It depends on what part of Japan you go to. I was in Okinawa for a bit and it worked in some parts of the island but not all. It worked while I was in Tokyo also. It will cost you though.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

jj1122

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I will be flying into Tokyo but spending most of my time in Kanagawa. If I use the bionic, Ill switch it over to the global roaming plan before I go.

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
You should get a couple of free text messages from Verizon when you arrive in Tokyo and switch on you phone with the dialing instructions and roaming charges.
I am traveling to the UK next week so unfortunately my Bionic will not do me too much good there except using it with WiFi.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1