Go SMS Pro issue

pchrist11

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I have been using Go SMS Pro for some time now and there is one issue that I have yet to figure out. The issue is that when somebody sends a picture message to multiple people, me being one of the recipients, it shows the normal notification window with the play arrow, but when I click it to view the picture it shows nothing. It appears to be opening the sender's thread and not the new thread of multiple people. I have to open Go SMS Pro and then navigate to the group thread and view the picture from the thread that has the multiple recipients. I think the stock Text Messaging app works correctly, but it doesn't have the features that I like. I hope this all makes sense. Anybody else experience this issue?

Dale Griggs

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I have been using Go SMS Pro for some time now and there is one issue that I have yet to figure out. The issue is that when somebody sends a picture message to multiple people, me being one of the recipients, it shows the normal notification window with the play arrow, but when I click it to view the picture it shows nothing. It appears to be opening the sender's thread and not the new thread of multiple people. I have to open Go SMS Pro and then navigate to the group thread and view the picture from the thread that has the multiple recipients. I think the stock Text Messaging app works correctly, but it doesn't have the features that I like. I hope this all makes sense. Anybody else experience this issue?

I had the same problem but I didn't know how to get around it so I just ignored the picture. I was the only one who could not open the picture.

MikeB

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I have the same problem. I just click the arrow and go to the group message to view the mms. Annoying. The other thing I do not like is replying to the group message replies to all. So I have to go back to the individual and reply there (assuming I didn't want to reply all).

I would love to see some better handling of this ...

pchrist11

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem but I didn't know how to get around it so I just ignored the picture. I was the only one who could not open the picture.

I found out that you can just go to the group thread to view the picture, but it is annoying to have to search for the thread to view a picture.

I have the same problem. I just click the arrow and go to the group message to view the mms. Annoying. The other thing I do not like is replying to the group message replies to all. So I have to go back to the individual and reply there (assuming I didn't want to reply all).

I would love to see some better handling of this ...

I agree. I do the same thing when replying. I wish they would update these features.

I am going to try out Handcent SMS and give it a try. I'll post back if it works better.

MikeB

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
...I am going to try out Handcent SMS and give it a try. I'll post back if it works better.

I used Handcent for a long time before using Go SMS Pro. Handcent is great. I don't remember how it handled groups though. They have the same basic feature set.

It seems like Go SMS _used_ to go straight to the group message and show you the pic but now goes to the individual contact. Going straight to the group was good but it wasn't apparent that you were in the group and sometimes I would reply (all) thinking I was replying to my friend and it goes to everyone. yikes..

EnriqueHughes2012

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I have the Droid X and i've been using Go SMS Pro for ahwile and i'd hate to search for another messaging app, but the annoying problem i'm having is that when i txt my wife, a +1 pops in front of her phone number. This causes my txts to not snd and come up as an error. I've tried to delete her thread and bring it bk, uninstall and reinstall the Go app. In order to txt her i have to delete the thread and this is ridicules. i've logged out of Go chat and her number is the only one having this problem. I'm thinking Go Chat is the problem. How do i get rid of it? I dnt use it.I think it's synced w/ Facebook...why else would it have a +1 in front of the contact? I need help. Enrique Hughes

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma