Problems with data

tedbearclaw

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I live in central jersey the past 2 days I have been having constant data connectivity issues only way of getting service is turning off lte, anyone else having these issues?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

non_sequitur

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I work in Mercer county and live in Somerset county. I haven't turned on LTE in months. It's just not worth the battery drain.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

miller3078

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I have started having the same issue. Data isn't contant for more than 30 seconds at times. I continue to drop my connection. The funny thing is I almost always use 4G, and this was never a problem up until this week. The only thing I can think of is that I may have been throttled by VZW since I am close to the end of my cycle (unlimited data), but that is a complete stab in the dark as to why this is happening. Anybody else having an issue or any other guesses why this is happening?

pamsegel

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same problem in East Tennessee. 4G has been acting weird. I put wifi on at the house and when the 4G does come back it kicks off the wifi.
Strange stuff.

swizzcheezs

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I have been having a similar problem. The problem is: Verizon knows that the software is messed up and loses data when going from 4G to 3G and it will cancel the data signal all together. I called Motorola about this and they told me to contact Verizon and get a new SIM card and hope that helps. They also said that there is no software update scheduled for the Bionic anytime soon. Regardless, I'm pissed about it. If the new SIM card doesn't fix it, I heard from a Guy that works for Verizon to complain about the voice communication and they will most likely put you in a known working device.

ttrimmer

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
These data issues are one reason I pre-ordered a SGSIII. I'm sick of having my data drop out all the time. Verizon denies these issues. I'm on my second Bionic because there's no way it affects all Bionics according to the employees I talked to. It's a rare issue and only affects a tiny portion of Bionics according to them.

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Lost my 4G about 2 days ago in Long Island NY. Called Verizon today and tried to troubleshoot over the phone. No luck so tomorrow its off to Verizon for a new Sim card. Not sure if it will work but worth a try. If not I am going to need help trying to unroot my phone if they are going to replace it which is on Eclipse 2.0 because I failed to make a backup of the stock rom and since I am not that tech savy I just know I will have a problem.

paradox60660

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
when i lose 4g I toggle airplane mode wait 10 seconds and toggle airplane mode off. works everytime.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

MrBucket85

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I've been having the same issues with LTE connectivity around Detroit. I live and work in an area with 2 to 4 bars constant but over the last two weeks I've had more data drops than ever before. The latest update hasn't fixed it, either, so I'm thinking it's a network issue. There are a lot of us having the same issues so I don't think it would be your sim card - but I guess it's worth a try if they'll give you a new card or phone. There is an update coming but Moto is just wrapping up the soak test for it to determine whether or not to push it to all Bionic users.

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Replaced sim card and had no luck. Still can not get 4G. I am awaiting a phone call today from the rep that helped me and she said if the sim card didn't work that they would have to replace my phone. I do not have a problem with that other then I am rooted and am not sure if I can unroot successfully. Long story but with no nandroid backup and not knowing if I accidently unistalled bloatware I am taking a gamble trying to unroot.

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I am also in the Detroit area and have no problem whatsoever with 4g connectivity. In fact, I never see 3g and have a great 4g connection all the time.

enb123

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I just started having problems with my data connection over the last few days in the Boston area. The good news is that the problem appears to be widespread and recent - judging fron posts on various forums - so it must be a Verizon issue that will be resolved (rather than a problem with our phones).

A friend of mine with a Verizon iPhone complained to me the other day about the same thing - I'm going to ask some friends with other devices and see if they've noticed. But I doubt very much it's specific to the Bionic, even though I know the model had some connectivity issues at one point.

Yaish

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I've been having similar issues lately, and I normally do not have any data problems. There is an app called Open Signal Maps that tracks tower locations and such. Recently it gained a feature that lets you reset your connection to a different tower. I've tried this when I have the data issues and it seems to work better than toggling airplane mode.

bhemi73

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I've been having the same issue in Wichita,KS. Just random data drops over the past three days. I haven't had any data issues before.

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
My problem turned out to be corrupt radios. I un rooted returned to stock and updated to 902 and I am now getting the 4G signal again. Verizon rep did tell me that there were no reported problems in my area and since it wasn't the sim card it had to be the phone. Not sure what caused the problem maybe an app or a change in settings but I will stay stock for now until they upgrade to ICS. If it looks good and works good then I am done rooting. To many hassles.

bhemi73

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I updated to 905 this morning and this afternoon the data drops started again. Though i think everyone is right saying its a network problem. I've had no issues with connectivity on my Bionic since I've had it and my data drop problems started this week. I hope it's resolved soon, it gets annoying when the my radio cuts in and out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma