slacker apk????

jiggyk4

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I am new to the forum and have my bionic rooted with 893 installed and everytime I try to update to 902 it tells me im missing slacker apk and I dont have a clue what to do. please somebody help me

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Slacker is part of the stock Bionic ROM image, and the .902 update is looking for ANY changes to the stock rom, no matter how slight. If the update detects any changes, the update fails.

You may want to try downloading and installing Slacker from the market and try the update again.

jiggyk4

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I did try that and it didnt seem to help it still says the same thing. I also tried to do a factory wipe and it did not help either I think I might be stuck with .893

skeetch79

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
would slackerradio.apk from either a stock 902 or 905 rom suffice? pretty sure the update from 893 to 902 does not patch the slackerradio.apk - since it can update through the market....i could pull slackerradio.apk from my /system/app folder for you. assuming you are rooted you would need to copy the apk to your /system/app folder, change the permissions to rw/r/r, reboot your phone, possibly navigate back to /system/app and choose slackerradio.apk in order to install it and then retry the update.

Last edited:

jiggyk4

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
That would be awesome i tried a doenload from 4 share website and installed it in system app file but it did not work i think it was the wrong version

skeetch79

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
i will try and upload both the slackerradio.apk from the 902 and the 905 stock roms.....i will also see if i can pull the slackerradio.apk from the 893 fxz file which should give you the actual apk present in the apk rom...pleas give me about an hour....download times and upload times are slow for the moment....hopefully i can help you out!

skeetch79

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
here are the apk's from 902 and 905. they appear to be identical in size and modification date...more than like the identical file.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hjc4s7s2uprbe4t/aQW2FplKip

i will upload the apk from 893 within 30min or so (i hope) :)

remember permission need to be rw/r/r, reboot, install then retry your update

can you maybe even just flash the whole 902 fxz file? wonder if that would work.

jiggyk4

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
finally I am able to get the .905 update!!!!!!!! thank you very much I installed the slackerradio apk and i am updated awesome once again thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2