Bionic owners, quick question.

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Looking to get into a good 4G handset. Trying to decide between this and the Razr. Im buying used so the difference is about $100 more for the Razr.

Other than the "thiness" of the devices, what are the differences?

1.0 GHZ vs 1.2 GHZ?

Cameras appear to be the same
Screens appear to be the same

Can get extended battery with Binoic though
Thoughts?

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
There's evidently some difference in the displays, but I think the BIONIC display looks just fine. If you're trying to get one, though, you might want to hurry: stock levels dropped fairly precipitously a couple of weeks back when the 2-year contract price for the BIONIC went to free.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
There's evidently some difference in the displays, but I think the BIONIC display looks just fine. If you're trying to get one, though, you might want to hurry: stock levels dropped fairly precipitously a couple of weeks back when the 2-year contract price for the BIONIC went to free.

Verizon doesn't even offer it on their website anymore...
Yeah the main difference is thinness and screen. The CPU is just overclocked to 1.2 GHz on the Razr (and will be on the Bionic with the ICS update). Just for the idea of the removable battery, I'd say the Bionic will be the best. But it's your opinion.

moke

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
if you have an upgrade available, you may want to check frys.com.

they hit ya for 49.99 and the vzw upgrade fee of $30.00, but it is available there.

beware the techno-gobblespeak that a frys rep may give you, and no...you do not have to buy the insurance from frys, just keep what you have or add it on at vzw.com.

i recommend the TEC pkg

moke

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
avoid the razr. it is leading the call centers for vzw in folks calling in with complaints about it..razr and razr maxx both...

or you just might LIKE calling in, or having to reset your phone 4-5 times a week

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Well I'm buying used so I am looking at spending $200 for a Bionic vs $300 for a Razr or $450 for a Maxx.

ngc457

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I would go with the bionic because of the removable battery. It is nice to be able to use an extended battery or to swap batteries out when one is low. Some say the display is slightly better on the Razr than bionic. There is a hint of a 200ghz speed boost with ICS. Some who installed the ICS leak CPU was set at 1.2ghz.

One thing to consider with the Razr is that it is very thin. So thin that it has a weak body. Some screens have been crack by someone sitting down while the phone was in their pocket.

Frankly I am puzzled why everyone worships the razr while giving the finger to the bionic.

Yaish

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I'd go with the Bionic. I don't find the screen to be a problem at all, though the RAZR screen is nicer it's not a deal breaker to me. They will essentially be the same phone after the ICS update as the processor speed will be the same.

For the same price get the RAZR. For less money get the Bionic. If you plan to do a lot of custom ROM's and such however, the RAZR has more developer support.

Zedrek

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I can't speak for the Razr but I like my Bionic. I just installed the leaked ICS and it is great. I have an extended battery on but don't notice much of a difference in useage. My wife has a Bionic also and I prefer the extra heft of my phone over hers. It feels more sturdy. She has dropped hers a few times and it still somehow works. I doubt the Razr would last.

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
If they were the same price I might go with the razr, but since the bionic is cheaper I would go with that. The screen on the razr may be slightly better but not by much at all. The removable battery and option of having an extended battery is a big deal to me. Performance wise, I think they are about the same. Especially with the cpu clocked to 1.2 on ICS.

Bionic'd from my tapatalk.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Remember when the DROID Bionic was the thinnest 4G LTE phone? :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I had the same choice and went with the Bionic. Well, it really wasn't a choice because a non removable battery for me is a non starter. You'll have a hard time finding a Bionic now, although as of a few days ago Tiger Direct had some.

xoomer1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the Razr and my wife has the Bionic, my opinion is the Razr is alot better then the bionic, the screen is allot better - better color , its faster its thinner, its just an overall nicer phone. PLus ICS is being released this week for it. I was on the soak so I already have ICS on my razr and its AWSOME!

Looking to get into a good 4G handset. Trying to decide between this and the Razr. Im buying used so the difference is about $100 more for the Razr.

Other than the "thiness" of the devices, what are the differences?

1.0 GHZ vs 1.2 GHZ?

Cameras appear to be the same
Screens appear to be the same

Can get extended battery with Binoic though
Thoughts?

Reactions: 0pusX

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
From a guy who went from a bionic to a maxx, the max is hands down better. Shop around a lot, there was a fella in the maxx forum that picked up one new for 199. Deals can be had now that the phone isn't screaming new. Retail is for pre orders....

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but they are all minor except the battery. I get longer life with this phone than I did with my Bionic with the extended battery. I plug it in at night with 70% battery left. That is a full day with me constantly doing stuff on my phone, never turning the 4G off.
I use smart actions mostly for convenience, for example, my phone automatically goes to vibrate mode when I get to work. It also does this when I plug my phone in to charge. Little things like that make it really nice.
What is also nice is the water resistance. While I don't try to get my phone wet, sometimes it happens. Having all the internals coated in silicon makes for a little peace of mind.