Possible spyware apps on my wife's phone. Help!!

Bond111

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
So out of nowhere my wife tells me she has these "apps" they keep on showing up on her homescreen for no reason. She removes them from her homescreen and they reappear a few days later. They are a "Market" app that is a green square with a shopping bag(not sure what happens when I try to open it" and the other is a "60 minute payday app" and when launced opens up the browser and takes you to some website(i immediately close it)

I've looked in the settings under apps to see if I could uninstall them, but to no avail. She told me she hasn't downloaded any apps recently....but has a bunch of free games and stupid stuff on there.

I need some help please!!

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Two options try lookout from market first then look through all your apps if u don't see them drag them to garbage can. Or if your if your still paranoid. Back up your music n pictures then format SD card and factory wipe your phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Bond111

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Tried both Lookout and AVG to scan, and both come back with nothing. Market icon takes me to a website i.appfires.com, the 60 minute icon takes me to that said website. I don't see any apps that look like they could be spyware, but like I said, a lot of games on her phone, so could be that...?

Thanks for your help tho!

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Can't u drag them or delete them from the app drawer that would remove them

Bond111

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Moosc,

I did finally do that. Just seems weird that she said she did the same thing a few days ago, and they came back days later on her homescreen.

WebOS, i'll look into those and see if those show anything. Thanks

Bond111

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Might have been this Maple Leaf live wallpaper that was doing it...but she's had it installed for awhile and it just started with adding these icons.

why1

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
i also have the same problem with my atrix 2.. those two apps along with Partner locator.. they are on the main screen and not able to find them in installed apps.. dont know what to do.

miller3078

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I use Avast Mobile Security. I read a couple articles that have it as the best free app of its kind. If you download and install Avast it will tell you it works better if your phone is rooted but it is still effective if it isn't. Also, there is an app called air push detector that might help identify any additional problems. Hope this helps.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like the OP may have an app or two that uses Airpush ads. I use an app called Music Junk that has these and the ads will appear in my notification bar and also as apps on my home screen. Download an app from the market called Addons Detector and run a scan. Then see if NOTIFICATIONS is highlighted and select it to see if it shows the offending application.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Live wallpapers are famous for adding extra stuff you don't want. Avoid the bouncing boobs live wallpapers
Might have been this Maple Leaf live wallpaper that was doing it...but she's had it installed for awhile and it just started with adding these icons.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01