6.7.232 vs DROID RAZR ICS build

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Just throwing this out there but there is a noticeable lag on the 232 Bionic ICS leak vs. the build for the RAZR. Very obvious when side by side.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Could you give any details? Lag when unlocking, opening email, scrolling between screens? Mine is running extremely smooth and fast.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
My Bionic: 6.7.232 using SamuriHL's upgrade method (was previously on 230), no wipe other than cache. CPU now clocked at 1.2GHz

DROID RAZR MAXX: updated to ICS via pushed OTA, did not clear cache, did not wipe

App drawer opens noticeably faster on RAZR.

Similar apps launch faster on RAZR (Facebook, Gmail, Scramble with Friends, Instagram).

Recent apps list launches faster on RAZR.

Etc.

230 to 232 showed a noticeable improvement. I thought it was good, until I was side by side with a RAZR.

I also did this comparison after about a week with 232, which I feel is enough time for the phone to get adjusted to ICS.
I'll try to do a video next time.

SnydersWeb

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
..my point is that I think we're still far from the final release

In that regard, I appreciate your wisdom in not getting ourselves worked up thinking it is going to be released any second now.

Hopefully sooner before later, but Q3 is Q3 and it's better to be pleasantly surprised than disappointed.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
In that regard, I appreciate your wisdom in not getting ourselves worked up thinking it is going to be released any second now.

Hopefully sooner before later, but Q3 is Q3 and it's better to be pleasantly surprised than disappointed.

As far as I know from my insider, real work just started on the Bionic's ICS build... It just started ramping up as the DROID RAZR build was finishing up. Though similar, it did take a long time to get the DROID RAZR ICS build out. :)

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
My phone us starting to feel sluggish. Maybe because I keep comparing it to the RAZR.

I wonder if I should do a factory reset while on 232- or should I go all the way back to 902 and flash again?

Last edited:

Dale Griggs

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Motorola did not say 3rd quarter, they said "Early 3rd quarter". I would count July as "early", August as "mid" and Septemver as "late". They have three days to push it out or they are late, again, as usual.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Motorola did not say 3rd quarter, they said "Early 3rd quarter". I would count July as "early", August as "mid" and Septemver as "late". They have three days to push it out or they are late, again, as usual.

Or.

July 1 - August 15 = Early
August 16 - September 30 = Late

SonicJoe

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Or.

July 1 - August 15 = Early
August 16 - September 30 = Late

This has been my assumption, but I doubt they make the 8/15 deadline either. I'll be happy if its late August. I'll be even happier if .235 is the OTA since I'm already running it.

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm personally hoping that it's released on August 16th because that's my birthday. That'd be cool.