I am totally stock build 905 and was wondering if Foxfi still works after the ICS upgrade. I am not going to install ICS if it does not.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    08-07-2012 09:00 AM
    Nobody who has updated to ICS on the Bionic is running Foxfi?

Sent from my Xoom running EOS3 Jelly Bean using Tapatalk 2.
    08-07-2012 10:29 AM
    It works.
    freeky1 likes this.
    08-07-2012 10:30 AM
    Nobody who has updated to ICS on the Bionic is running Foxfi?

mine is running like a champ and i am running 6.7.232 leak.
    freeky1 likes this.
    08-07-2012 10:33 AM
    Awesome! I use Foxfi to connect my Xoom to the internet all the time and could not give that up.

08-07-2012 11:18 AM
    It works on the RZR with ICS.
    08-07-2012 12:13 PM
    Is this app legal? Doesn't Verizon charge for you to use your phone as a hotspot?
    08-07-2012 12:48 PM
    Is this app legal? Doesn't Verizon charge for you to use your phone as a hotspot?
    It's not a matter of "legal" or illegal, at most it's a violation of the Verizon TOS. However the courts just ruled those terms were themselves a violation of the FCC spectrum auction Verizon won so I'd say it's pretty morally square.

So far as I know, Verizon has never charged anyone using third party tethering apps.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    08-08-2012 02:16 AM
    It's not a matter of "legal" or illegal, at most it's a violation of the Verizon TOS. However the courts just ruled those terms were themselves a violation of the FCC spectrum auction Verizon won so I'd say it's pretty morally square.
    it's no longer a violation of the TOS since that policy itself was in violation of C Block rules....
    allow customers to freely use the devices and applications of their choosing. “Today’s action demonstrates that compliance with FCC obligations is not optional. The open device and application obligations were core conditions when Verizon purchased the C-block spectrum,” said FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski.
    btw, some of the info is here:

Verizon -- Tethering apps no longer blocked from devices

Foxfi working great on 232 here.
    08-08-2012 11:13 AM
    My understanding was that didn't cover people with unlimited data.
    08-08-2012 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD