Factory Reset...

mspsmom

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
With the impending ICS release in mind, some have said a factory reset would be a helpful thing to perform before installing. My question is for those of us who are not rooted, and have not really messed with the stock Bionic other than regular daily use, how exactly do you do a "factory reset"?!

Also, my husband recently got a RAZR and when I set up his phone, it gave the option to back up to Google, with a comment about being able to save your apps there as well, in case of emergency. I've been using back up assist and would like to change over to the Google, but can't find out where to do so. I'm sure it's something easy that I've missed, but any input would be appreciated!

Thanks! :)

SonicJoe

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
You should find both things you're looking for under "Privacy" in the system settings. But I honestly wouldn't factory reset unless you are having odd issues.

mspsmom

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok, thanks! Just want to be prepared IF I need to do one.

I've had a great Bionic since day one, not release date. I definitely don't want to mess anything up and I'm a bit nervous about getting ICS. But after seeing hubby's RAZR and the ICS, I'm getting excited!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital