Mandating a number

pesty3782

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to make my phone see the "cell numbers" on my contacts first? When I try and call people with multipul numbers I have to scroll to the number I want then send the call. If i try and type the person's name in and if there are more then one number I have to scroll through these to get to the cell number.

Crap I hope this makes sense.

Tony P.

soulsurvives

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
You could always put a persons name in twice....like Amanda and Amanda2 and have one be a home number and the other a cell number that way you could save the 2 seconds or so that it takes to touch a name then touch a number.....

gwhizkids

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the .232 ICS leak, so my way may not be your way: Open your People app, select a contact, long press the number you want to be the default and select "Make Default".

pesty3782

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Didn't work for me (making them Default number)....I have multiple phone numbers that are the same for the same person listed when I try to dial the name on the phone, but when I go into contacts it only shows two numbers. there must be someplace on this phone where they are double saved.

gwhizkids

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like your problem may be more contact management than the default call setting. You may want to download an app that will let you merge multiple contacts for the same person. I use Contact Remover. There are lots of others.

pesty3782

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Put it on and cleared up a whole crap load of old contacts, but didn't help with the default number....Guess I will have to setup speed dial for a few people.

Tony P.

zachthebomb13

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
It may be showing numbers from Facebook, goggle+, etc. using default number works great for me. Also maybe use the favorite widget from motorola, I love it and it works awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryricherd