Bionic Battery Temp

zachthebomb13

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Hello All,

When I'm driving I always have my phone docked and charging. I listen to pandora, navigate, etc. all at the same time. I'm not worried about the battery being drained as it is always plugged in. However, the temp gets up to 42+ degrees Celsius. Is there a max temp the battery should not go over, and is there a recommended temp as well? Like I said, I'm not worried about battery drain, but I am worried about frying my phone. Thanks for the help.

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
The phone will warn you if it gets too hot and tell you what to do, but I think that occurs somewhere around 125F.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
High battery temps will stress the battery more and make it likely to hold less of a charge as time passes compared with running at a normal temperature. I know that navigation is really hard on phones; I only do so when I really need it.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible to put the dock in front of one of the A/C vents? It's how mine is set up and stays nice and cool. Even under heavy use like GPS and Pandora. I have noticed if mine gets above about 105? F it will start loosing charge while still plugged in and not doing anything with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance