SamuriHL House of Bionic FAQ (external link)

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Contacts should come from your google account and will be restored once you sign in. I'm confused as to what is going on with your phone.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm not a rom expert but I can tell you that you wanna match the rom to the stock version you're on. So, you'll wanna look for ICS or JB roms that work on ICS builds.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Just a quick note to let people know that the HoB has changed to a new forum. It's actually been mirrored on droidrzr for quite some time but is now the only host. There was some unfortunate drama that I won't get into here that caused me to make that decision. Just know it's for the best and that I still serve the community.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

carzaddict

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
im having an issue where its saying FXZ not found, but I installed (and rebooted) everything. the 246 folder is sitting right where the bat file is.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
No, it's not. Otherwise it wouldn't be saying FXZ not found. Ensure that the 905_FXZ directory exists and has the FXZ files in it. And it should be part of the SamuriHL_HouseOfBionic directory.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Huh? Not sure what you're asking. I update the house of bionic regularly. As well as the faq.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

carzaddict

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
No, it's not. Otherwise it wouldn't be saying FXZ not found. Ensure that the 905_FXZ directory exists and has the FXZ files in it. And it should be part of the SamuriHL_HouseOfBionic directory.

thats the part that screwed me up. 905_FXZ was not in the HOB directory.....and if i recall correctly i dont remember seeing that being part of the instructions.

Never the less I faked out the system. I looked through the code and saw that it was looking for any kind of folder with "_FXZ" in the name....so i made a fake folder and got it to work. Then during the update process i got Error Code 7....which I remember getting as a result of having safe strap installed.

In the end i FXZ'ed back to GB and did the update process the OTA way

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
thats the part that screwed me up. 905_FXZ was not in the HOB directory.....and if i recall correctly i dont remember seeing that being part of the instructions.

You remember incorrectly. It always was, and always will be, part of the instructions to install the latest HoB FXZ installer.

Never the less I faked out the system. I looked through the code and saw that it was looking for any kind of folder with "_FXZ" in the name....so i made a fake folder and got it to work. Then during the update process i got Error Code 7....which I remember getting as a result of having safe strap installed.

Really? Ya think? You completely wiped out the functionality of the script and were shocked that it didn't work? I did have something in the OP about "will not work if you make assumptions." I would say you proved that one quite nicely.

In the end i FXZ'ed back to GB and did the update process the OTA way

Which would not have been necessary at all had you followed instructions. This is the reason for the big red warning atop the HoB OP now and why I've stopped giving support. People don't read, don't follow directions, make assumptions that they know what they're doing, and when it fails they're shocked. In the end you went another route to solve your problem, but, it was highly unnecessary to do so.