6.7.247 ics leak

gwhizkids

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
So I'm hearing elsewhere that Moto is conflicted about whether to use .246 or .247 as the final build, the difference between them apparently being the incorporation of a bridge patch to support a later move to JB. Any ideas (and @samurihl, I am "looking" at you!) why they would go with a less inclusive build? Bugs? I assume (well, I read this elsewhere too) that if its not .247, all chances of an official move to JB are squashed?

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Correct. We will have to wait and see what moto chooses. They have 246 and 247 queued up on the servers so the can pick either. Sadly if they pick 246 we will NOT be getting jb.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

bart4man

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Samuri - you posted in the soak test thread "232 still had a lot of debugging code in it" - if this is the case, will some of this debugging code come along if we use HoB to move to 247? Is it a better idea to FXZ to 905 then go to 247 via HoB? I am currently on 232.

zachthebomb13

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I have had an OG Droid, Droid Razr Maxx, and Droid Bionic on the motorola side, and have owned a Droid Charge. I have family that has a Rezound. Out of all those phones I've been most pleased with the Motorola phones, and had many problems with the others. I'm not saying that the other manufacturers are bad, I just like the Motorola phones better. And now that they are the closest to stock Android without being a Nexus device, I think I will stay with them for a while. I'd go Nexus, but chances of them being on Verizon are very small, and I'm sure we can admit that Verizon has the best wireless network, even if I have to pay slightly more than others. Also, without sdcard support the Nexus will be a no for me, because I like my space. Long story short, buying another Motorola device is not a problem for me, in fact I'd prefer a Motorola. And, IMO, if you buy a phone not liking the software that is currently on it, then you shouldn't have bought the phone, no matter what promises are out there about updates.

On another note, I'm up for a new phone in May of next year. I know it's still looking way out there, but anyone have any ideas/hopes with what the next Motorola phone might bring? The Razr HD Maxx is looking good, but I'm hoping for a quad-core. Or maybe something Intel that is awesome. Talking about intel, anyone have any opinions on how the Razri is faring, and if it is as good as traditional cell phone processors? I know this is all over the place, just thinking out loud.

P.S. Even though I like my software on my phone, like stated above, I'm still waiting patiently for my email telling me I get ICS...

zachthebomb13

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I have had an OG Droid, Droid Razr Maxx, and Droid Bionic on the motorola side, and have owned a Droid Charge. I have family that has a Rezound. Out of all those phones I've been most pleased with the Motorola phones, and had many problems with the others. I'm not saying that the other manufacturers are bad, I just like the Motorola phones better. And now that they are the closest to stock Android without being a Nexus device, I think I will stay with them for a while. I'd go Nexus, but chances of them being on Verizon are very small, and I'm sure we can admit that Verizon has the best wireless network, even if I have to pay slightly more than others. Also, without sdcard support the Nexus will be a no for me, because I like my space. Long story short, buying another Motorola device is not a problem for me, in fact I'd prefer a Motorola. And, IMO, if you buy a phone not liking the software that is currently on it, then you shouldn't have bought the phone, no matter what promises are out there about updates.

On another note, I'm up for a new phone in May of next year. I know it's still looking way out there, but anyone have any ideas/hopes with what the next Motorola phone might bring? The Razr HD Maxx is looking good, but I'm hoping for a quad-core. Or maybe something Intel that is awesome. Talking about intel, anyone have any opinions on how the Razri is faring, and if it is as good as traditional cell phone processors? I know this is all over the place, just thinking out loud.

P.S. Even though I like my software on my phone, like stated above, I'm still waiting patiently for my email telling me I get ICS...

leever6000

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

I am in some agreement with you, but not as patient, which is why I took HOB's 247 ICS leak. And I also am on contract until May.

I don't think we will see anything new on Verizon from Motorola on the phones for a year after the current launch RAZR HD and MAXX HD. They will likely launch a new tablet.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
They picked 246 as ota. But things aren't as simple as they appear. I should know more tomorrow. 247 is definitely out though. JB from 246 is potentially possible though. As I said more research is needed.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
So the 246 build I have in the House is the same as the ota that's pushing out now. Punit Soni said that we need to closely watch the update schedule... A thinly veiled hint that we very well may still get jb. Moto really makes this difficult at times. Lol. I'm waiting for the fxz for 246 so I can push it out for the House.

bhemi73

May 11, 2012
Visit site
So the 246 build I have in the House is the same as the ota that's pushing out now. Punit Soni said that we need to closely watch the update schedule... A thinly veiled hint that we very well may still get jb. Moto really makes this difficult at times. Lol. I'm waiting for the fxz for 246 so I can push it out for the House.

Stop toying with my emotions! :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Flatland2D

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I really want to get my wife's phone upgraded with the official ota. It doesn't show up yet when I check, but I remember reading about a way to force it by clearing something. I'm not sure if that was universal or just for a different phone I was reading about at the time. Any way to do this on the Bionic?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Stop toying with my emotions! :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

They confirmed it today. Bionic gets jb! Moto rocks! And the 246 build contains the same jb patch that was in 247. Moto snuck it in at the last minute before 246 went up on the server. And I have personally verified that the leak I put out in HOB is identical to the ota build. We're good!

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I really want to get my wife's phone upgraded with the official ota. It doesn't show up yet when I check, but I remember reading about a way to force it by clearing something. I'm not sure if that was universal or just for a different phone I was reading about at the time. Any way to do this on the Bionic?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Google services framework but if her phone isn't scheduled yet it won't really help.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Wait, if the OTA 246 has the JB patch, why is it not being released as 247? Isn't this breaking some kind of rule on how to name program versions?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781