6.7.247 ics leak

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
And another one. WOO HOO. So much for them getting 246 out the door. This may be a good thing though. We'll find out. Nonetheless, I guess the clock resets for another 2-3 weeks on OTA. 11 leaks and counting. Those who want it know where to find it. House of Bionic.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It's actually not. It'll end up being a good thing but it's hard to see that from this viewpoint. In a few months, we'll look back and thank them for this move. I know it sucks at the moment, but, trust me, it's not for no reason at all.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Beats me. They don't post changelists. The only info I could get on it says they fixed a bug and added some patch that will help us once JB is ready to go.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yea. The info is around but I'm not going to link to it cause the person I got it from doesn't want the source widespread. But, trust me, I have verified the information and it's correct. This move by moto surprised a lot of people. 246 was supposed to be OTA and 247 would have been a patch later, but, with the Atrix 2 rolling out first, I guess moto felt they had time to just roll it all together in one awesome update. After this we'll see JB according to my source.

chrisp6825

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Cool. Glad to you so confident for JB.
I had more hope for an eventual unlocked bootloader (very little hope that is).

By the way, kudos for HoB. I'm very grateful for such a simple way to get back on ota path for updates.

Sent from my XT875 using Android Central Forums

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I doubt we'll see an unlocked bootloader. And JB is going to be our last update. But, Moto put in a lot of wrench time to get all the ICS builds unified across the D4/RAZR/Bionic so that future updates would be very simple for them. The RAZR and D4 will get the same patch that's integrated into 247 for us. That'll set the stage for the JB builds to come probably in January or February (MY guess). No one can sit here and say that Moto has neglected the Bionic at this point. 11 builds of ICS shows their commitment to us. VZW, otoh.....I have no love for them.

celticfdguy

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I think it was neglected when it was first released... and that has left a sour taste in my mouth. I haven't been able to shake it either... I cannot wait for my upgrade!

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
That was before Google bought them. Google fired a ton of people this summer and restructured the whole company. Punit Soni is cleaning house and has vowed to make it right. They KNOW Moto sucked. That's WHY the CEO was fired. Give them time. Change this big doesn't happen overnight, but, we can see signs of what's coming. Believe me, I'm honestly impressed with the direction we're headed. Give them a chance.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Love the way that rolls off the keyboard! After the long wait for ICS, to have anybody even mention JB on the BIONIC is music to my ears.

Talking JB on the Bionic is definitely premature at this point, but, at least they're taking steps to make it happen. I mean, Moto is trying VERY hard here. ICS will come soon. I'm hoping the 2nd or 3rd week of October but it could be after that. Once that happens, then they can start working on all the JB builds they have to create. The RAZR M and RAZR HD will obviously be first. Followed by the RAZR/D4/Bionic which should, IMO, happen pretty close together. ICS has been absolutely AMAZING. I was ready to go on 242 and it's only improved since then. I think once everyone's on 247 they will be very pleased with what Moto has accomplished.

leever6000

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
So far I am very happy with my Bionic on ICS and 247 works very well.

Thanks again for all your efforts.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've been happy on 232, but sometimes go back and forth on breaking through the wall to the non-revertable leaks to see what new tweaks are out. Since I haven't had any issues so far (nothing major anyway, just a couple annoyances), I guessing the "I may need to go back to 905 because of a problem" is kind of a non-issue at this point?

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It depends on your comfort level. I tell most people they should have the safety net of being able to FXZ back to 905. But here's the thing....I've been working on the HoB since June. The thing has been battle tested by over 1200 users (yea, seriously). I've moved us forward through _11_ leaks so far. 247 is "probably" going to be OTA at this point. (I know, I said that about 246 but moto surprised everyone with this 247 leak). The process to move forward is proven by not just Bionic users but also the RAZR and D4 users. If you need the safety net of being able to FXZ to 905, stay on 232. If you can accept a bit of risk, 247 is a great build. I recommend a factory reset coming from such early builds as 232. It'll give you a better experience. So, up to you, but, I'm about to put out a new HoB version that speeds up the process in a few minutes.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh the dreaded factory reset. That's the one thing I don't do unless I have to. I'm not willing to give up my game save data to update. The way I see it, may as well try it without first, backing up what I can. If something happens, I can address it then and be in the same place as if I reset before. If not, I still have everything. I did clear system cache first before 232, but the update went smooth without the reset.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If you're rooted just backup your apps (no system data) with rom toolbox pro or TiBU. Then restore them after the factory reset. Apps are ok. System data is where we get into trouble.

bhemi73

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I've tried saveshare for saving game data and that works great for all of the major games. When I went to 232 I used it and it worked perfect.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech